Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to pass along some good information. I have owned boats in the past so I know how important it is to clean and protect the convertible top, like the one on my Jeep. UV rays can kill a top and make it look faded and old. I did a lot of research and tried using RaggTopp Products on my top. I was impressed with the results and especially like the fact that the Vinyl Protectant does not contain silicone and gives UV protection. It did a great job cleaning and the protectant seems to be holding up very well. It was easy to use and I did not kill a day (or myself) doing it.

You can find it on line from several places. I shopped around and bought my RaggTopp from First Place Auto LLC out of NJ. They had the best prices by far ($23.00 for the vinyl kit) and were very helpful. They also carry Meguiar's products so I did some one-stop shopping. Their web site is www.firstplaceautollc.com Worth checking out.

Shop around and find a place you like and a price you like. RaggTopp.com is also a good source to learn about the product. They make kits for vinyl and cloth tops.

Enjoy the sunshine!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify. I am NOT associated with the RaggTop company or with First Place. But I do have lots of experience with taking care of soft tops from years of owning convertibles and boats and know how important it is to take care of them.

If you have something else you like, by all meanes use it. I will stick with RaggTopp.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Hey. Thanks for posting up. It just sounded like a sales pitch. I apologize for judging harshly.

Welcome to WF!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
amerijeep said:
Hey. Thanks for posting up. It just sounded like a sales pitch. I apologize for judging harshly.

No problemo. I am kind of new at this forum stuff anyway.

Best regards,
Openfun

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I'm beyond thinking about UV protection....I just use a little simple green and scrub out the mold/mud :D

welcome to the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts