Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about sleeping in my JKU instead of a tent on an upcoming camping trip. But to do so, I need ventilation. I also like the idea of leaving the windows cracked on hot, sunny days. What do you guys think of the rain deflectors? I have never had them before though have considered them. Any good brands/designs to look at?

·
Registered
578 Posts
My son has em on his tj. I never thought I would like em but I barely notice them and the do exactly what they are designed to do. I'll check the brand as they do appear to be well made/not flimsy etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got the Weathertech ones on my JKU, they work great for wind and rain but I have not slept in the vehicle yet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've got the Weathertech ones on my JKU, they work great for wind and rain but I have not slept in the vehicle yet.
Are the weather tech ones just push in to fit or do they have to stick to the door exterior ?

I have weathertech ones in a different car of mine, they were just insert in which is nice. They work good.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Weathertech side window deflectors/rain guards fit inside the window channel - no tape or adhesive.

I have a set on my '06 LJ Rubicon. They help deflect the wind when driving with the windows down and let you crack the windows when its raining without getting wet. They are also good on very hot days for cracking the windows for some ventilation without it being obvious to thieves that the windows are partially open.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am thinking about sleeping in my JKU instead of a tent on an upcoming camping trip.
I do this regularly with the rugged ridge deflectors which are stick on. The adhesive is pretty strong as they've been solid for years. I also grabbed an xprite nitepad for sleeping on which makes camp setup really quick.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weathertech side window deflectors/rain guards fit inside the window channel - no tape or adhesive.

I have a set on my '06 LJ Rubicon. They help deflect the wind when driving with the windows down and let you crack the windows when its raining without getting wet. They are also good on very hot days for cracking the windows for some ventilation without it being obvious to thieves that the windows are partially open.

Great, would prefer the push in rather than the stick on. Will check those out. Do you have dark or light tinted version? My Jeep is a dark grey with black trim but I am not sure about getting the dark tinted rain guards. They have a light tinted version that might be easier to see through.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the AVS branded in channel with adhesive and I think they work great. Only issue with them and any other is that you cannot hang the doors on hooks from that spot of you take the doors off.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I wanted to get these from EGR. They come in smoke or matte black.
I just havent gotten around to it.

Reactions: atxatxatx

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I use the AVS exterior version. I have had issues the last 3 times I tried to use the in-channel versions with power windows.
I think they work great.
I have had set on almost everyone of my vehicles. My has a set on her car.

·
Registered
875 Posts
. . . Will check those out. Do you have dark or light tinted version. . . ?
Weathertech for LJ's are only available in "light smoke," which look fine on my tinted door windows. I don't know about JK's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just a cheap alternative that I've used while spending some quality time in the back of my Jeep. I took a suction cup and stuck it on my rear window, and another to the tailgate, and tied a string to it. It let me keep the window partially open for ventilation without the risk of a lot of water coming in. Also I dropped the seats and used a hammock - granted this might not be ideal for bigger guys. I'm around 5"10 and got away with it.

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
One of the first things I put on my Jeep. Pulled alongside a friends car to chat during one of my kids baseball game rain delays, and as soon as I rolled the window down a crack, I ended up with a lap full of water. These solve that problem.

They do, however, create another problem. I take my doors off a lot. With the deflectors in, you cannot use the window frame to help lift the doors off and one, and you certainly can't store them by hanging from hooks through the open window. Minor, but a pain that I'm reminded of every time I pull the doors.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Someone mentioned the shades that fit inside the window can cause problems with the electric windows. Has anyone else experienced that? I think I would prefer them to fit inside the door frame.

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Someone mentioned the shades that fit inside the window can cause problems with the electric windows. Has anyone else experienced that? I think I would prefer them to fit inside the door frame.
I've had weathertech on my last 3 vehicles (that sit inside the window track) and never had an issue with my power windows. I've had them on the Jeep since week one (mid 2013) and haven't had any problems. I mean if I have to split hairs, it does slightly slow down rolling up your windows once they get high enough but it's never been a concerning thought at all

1 - 20 of 44 Posts