Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if its safe or a bad idea to use rain X products on soft top windows? Im still waiting on an answer from Bestop...tnx in advance bill

·
Registered
404 Posts
It will be interesting to hear their answer. Personally, I wouldn't, but that's not because of the soft top windows. It's more because of how (in my personal experience) Rain-X doesn't perform well on vertical surfaces. Even on the windshield. Now on cars with normal windshields, the stuff is awesome - I don't even need to use the wipers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't have any experience of vinyl windows but can definitely tell you it work great on plexiglass windows for FWITW.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would be very concerned with the application process, which requires you to buff it off to get the hazy film off. I'm not about to buff or rub anything that hard on a soft-top window.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re Rain x

tnx guys...actually did some research and found out the original stuff uses Acetone as part of its make up....that's a nono for me...they have a "new friendly" plastic rain X but, according to them they wont say its "ok" on vinyl, only the hard plastic's...bill :beerme:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts