Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put Rainx on the back window of their softtop? Does it mess up the plastic window?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not and unless someone has experience that suggest otherwise, I would strongly advise against using RainX on plastic windows. As I recall RainX warns against getting it on the paint. I can't imagine it wouldn't cloud the plastic window.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
It seems like a really bad idea right of hand. I can't say for sure, but the vinyl windows are pretty delicate. Rain-X has some pretty harsh stuff in it. It works wonders on glass, and I use it religiously on my vehicles. But I'm keeping it far away from the Jeep's three soft windows.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
No, and on the back of the RainX bottle is a warning to NOT PUT IT ON PLASTICS of any kind.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, each morning my back windows have dew on them. Not a huge issue just thought Rainx would prevent it. I will not apply.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Thanks everyone, each morning my back windows have dew on them. Not a huge issue just thought Rainx would prevent it. I will not apply.
You got good advice here. I love the stuff for my glass windows, but wouldn't put it on my motorcycle windscreens, which are hard plastic. Pretty sure there are petroleum products in RainX, which don't play well with any plastic.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There are some plastic polishes you can get a bike shops like Harley dealerships for use on plastic windscreens and windows. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts