Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big vehicle, low seats and a 5' 9" driver - I felt a bit like when I was 12 years old driving my dads pickup....

After much searching there is a good kit with quality parts. Installed in minutes as one would guess. Nice little booster seat-like feel. Only drawback is that my weathertech mat for the rear seat doesn't lay quite right. I'll see how it settles over time and cut if necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071VB9J9V/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am 65" tall and was looking at the same kit for myself. Sitting up higher inside the JK makes seeing over the hood and a pillar light pods so much easier.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i've had the kit for 2 years now. best mod ever. i'm only 5'6" and this made all the difference in the world. i can see the hood now

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so did it make the difference seeing over the hood?
Sure did, went from just barely seeing the end of the hood to looking over the whole thing.

If you have a 2x4 lying around, a pilot with some 2x4 blocks would give you a good idea of the change before you spend any cash.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How tall is this compared to jacking the driver's seat up to maximum height?
For context, I wanted more height than the seat at max height, so, I added this. It's 1.25 inches and is additive to the seat height adjustment. In other words, the seat stays at it's max height by stock adjustment and this kit adds 1.25 inches.

Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
883 Posts
For context, I wanted more height than the seat at max height, so, I added this. It's 1.25 inches and is additive to the seat height adjustment. In other words, the seat stays at it's max height by stock adjustment and this kit adds 1.25 inches.

Does that answer your question?
Sorry, thought I was in the other recent thread about raising the passenger's seat height.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, thought I was in the other recent thread about raising the passenger's seat height.
Gotcha. I actually installed the passenger side first and drove it for a day (unrelated reason). It was noticeably higher than the driver's seat on max height.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Agree with others, I'm 68" I can see over the hood much better, though I had to move seat forward to use pedals again! My best single mod because it is in play all the time.

I also have a bestop under seat vault. With the lift I now mount my 2 band Ham radio on top of the bestop and no clearance problem from seat. I didn't like the idea of mounting it on the floor.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I normally put a hockey puck under each rear seat mount. helps to take pressure off the back side of my legs too. I always find seats are too high at the front edge. Nice to be able to see the front corners of the hood.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I’m 6ft, so this seems like a luxury upgrade which is a bit expensive for what the parts consist of (grinds my gears simple plastic pucks and a couple bolts cost so much). Does the new body geometry increase general comfort?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m 6ft, so this seems like a luxury upgrade which is a bit expensive for what the parts consist of (grinds my gears simple plastic pucks and a couple bolts cost so much). Does the new body geometry increase general comfort?

It’s powder coated aluminum and grade 8 fasteners, still not inexpensive but not “cheap.”

·
Super Moderator
22,007 Posts
Every so often I ask my wife if she wants me to remove the spacers and she always says no.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Gotcha. I actually installed the passenger side first and drove it for a day (unrelated reason). It was noticeably higher than the driver's seat on max height.
disregard... I need to read more closely.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts