Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I really want to do this mod. Sure wish RAM would recognize they can make a killing on this and engineer/sell one themselves!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really want to do this mod. Sure wish RAM would recognize they can make a killing on this and engineer/sell one themselves!
Totally agree, many have never heard of RAM and there are so many markets they could be thriving in...road cycling for one.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Carolina Metal Masters offer a grab handle where you can attach a Ram Mount. They offer custom engraving as well. Attached a link below incase anyone is interested.

JK Grab Bar – Carolina Metal Masters

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I started with the setup on my CMM handles, really convenient for driving but can't put my visor down. Still love the CMM setup though. Thought about the passenger billet handle but like the lines of the stock plastic, meh image-2264891309.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Saw this and would maybe consider if not for the high cost.
I agree.

I actually use the Vector Off Road mounting bar. I attach various Ram Mounts to the bar. I have a GPS mount, cell phone mount and a video camera mount.

Vector Offroad

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Yea, I started with the setup on my CMM handles, really convenient for driving but can't put my visor down. Still love the CMM setup though. Thought about the passenger billet handle but like the lines of the stock plastic, meh View attachment 2644265
I like those handles. Out of my budget for now though... :) Mine tucks up in the corner pretty well with my 7" tablet. I can still use the visor, but can't pivot it to the drivers window any more.

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just under if i remember correctly.. for what you get, seemed steep. However, I LOVE it and it works great!
I hear you! I've been using RAM Mounts for years (mostly for my HAM radio needs) and as much as I'd really like to have it, I just can't drop $100 on one. I decided to buy one of these and see if it will work. I would only need it on long trips for my wife anyways.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQNRTDI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but the oldies are the goodies

This was the cheap solution I was looking for.

:bop: Great idea!!

I followed your lead, but changed it slightly. I wanted to make sure the wingnut stays tight and never comes loose.

After drilling and mounting the wingnut as you did, I wrapped the post and wingnut with some fiberglass sheet rock mess, and then epoxied the post with 5 minute epoxy

The ball was $10 and the epoxy cost $5 and the wingnut and bolt cost $2.

This guy is never going to come loose!

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know this is an old thread, but the oldies are the goodies This was the cheap solution I was looking for. :bop: Great idea!! I followed your lead, but changed it slightly. I wanted to make sure the wingnut stays tight and never comes loose. After drilling and mounting the wingnut as you did, I wrapped the post and wingnut with some fiberglass sheet rock mess, and then epoxied the post with 5 minute epoxy The ball was $10 and the epoxy cost $5 and the wingnut and bolt cost $2. This guy is never going to come loose!
Wow, that really likes nice! I use mine every day and have had no issues. Glad I could help!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts