Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got my Rampage Cab Top in last week and had to install it ASAP, due to the rain that was coming that night. The install went great other then the Velcro that makes the top rap around the roll bar does not fit around the roll bar with the roll bar padding. Is it supposed to fit or not. If not, is there a different type of roll bar padding(preferably cheap) I can get to replace the factory one so my Cab Top will seal around the roll bars?

·
Registered
397 Posts
If it is cold below 70 the top will shrink. That may be your issue. Most hardware stores, home depot , or lowes will carry pipe insulation in different sizes colors and foam and rubber sold by the foot. That and some zip ties to hold it on will work too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is cold below 70 the top will shrink. That may be your issue. Most hardware stores, home depot , or lowes will carry pipe insulation in different sizes colors and foam and rubber sold by the foot. That and some zip ties to hold it on will work too.
It's like 3 inches off, like not even close to me being able to Velcro it. And I dont want to use pipe insulation and idk if they have anything that will fit over the roll bars that big. I was talking about at roll bar pad kit.

·
Registered
507 Posts
rykemc said:
How about go and get some more velcro and us it as an "expansion" piece?
Cheap and easy!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still want it too look nice. I don't want it rigged. I'm js wanting to know if there are any replacement roll bar pad kits that aren't like my stock ones so I can seal my top.

·
Registered
507 Posts
kbar said:
I still want it too look nice. I don't want it rigged. I'm js wanting to know if there are any replacement roll bar pad kits that aren't like my stock ones so I can seal my top.
I can only seach the internet as well as you or anyone else and the simple answer is NO.
If you use the same color and width of velcro, it will not look cheap and cobbled together.... You won't even notice it. From what I can find there is no brand of roll bar pads that will be as thin as you need. Your only options are to extend the velcro or remove the pads so the straps will fit as is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts