Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Thanks in advance.

I am installing a Rampage frameless top. I ordered it with the door surrounds.
What is supposed to hold the bottom (or back) of the door surround? It has a plastic knob that catches under the rail but what keeps it pushed back and not rattling? I could just drop a bolt in, in front of it but I thought maybe there was a "right" way

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey all, Thanks in advance.

I am installing a Rampage frameless top. I ordered it with the door surrounds.
What is supposed to hold the bottom (or back) of the door surround? It has a plastic knob that catches under the rail but what keeps it pushed back and not rattling? I could just drop a bolt in, in front of it but I thought maybe there was a "right" way
Hmmm
I got the same top if i read it right i think we had the same issue. I wrote rampage and they were somewhat helpful. So it shoulda came with a bracket that grabs the roll bar. First hand tighten the bracket to the door frame making sure when u tighten the nob ots ontop and the bolt on the bracket is facing downward.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that "roll bar clamp" went on the top towards the back. I am trying to hold the bottom towards the back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought that "roll bar clamp" went on the top towards the back. I am trying to hold the bottom towards the back.
Hmmm ill take some pics if u want to Pm i can send straight to u

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a little black knob the slides into a hole in front of the hardtop bolt hole. Once you tighten the top bolts through the top roll bar it stays in place and doesn't rattle at all. I have the trail top with the rampage window surrounds.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Rampage. He was quite helpful and told me the reason I couldn't make sense of it was that I had the wrong rail kit. I was replacing a Bestop Supertop and apparently the rails are different.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I called Rampage. He was quite helpful and told me the reason I couldn't make sense of it was that I had the wrong rail kit. I was replacing a Bestop Supertop and apparently the rails are different.
O wow glad they got to the bottom of it. But shiuldnt the tub linners be universal and the tops and frame be different?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
hey I see you have full steel doors, I am looking to do this as well. How much was it for the framework and top? It tryed calling quadretch but they were no help. Almost a 1000 bux with no frame, I know that ain't right

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey I see you have full steel doors, I am looking to do this as well. How much was it for the framework and top? It tryed calling quadretch but they were no help. Almost a 1000 bux with no frame, I know that ain't right
I have a set of half doors w/ square uppers for the frameless top. Softopper makes a kit to go with full doors. I believe it was around $500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts