Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of getting a frameless soft top for my 94 Yj. What do u guys think. Has anyone ever had one. I'd love your opinion. Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
Search on here. There's been a few threads on the same exact topic. I think everyone generally agrees that it's a good top. There are higher quality options out there, but they are higher cost too.
Yep ^ just google it. Takes all of 30 seconds and saves everyone time. There's probably a 100 threads on it across the net. Long story short. I have one, love the look, it's a good top but some of the snaps have pulled out on the door surrounds

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had one on my old tj so I'm not
Sure how close they are but I absolutely hated it. The quality of it was terrible. I had the one by rampage. The straps tore, the windows pulled from the plastic runners. All in all not Worth the 3 Warranty claims in 6 months

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
I had one on my old tj so I'm not Sure how close they are but I absolutely hated it. The quality of it was terrible. I had the one by rampage. The straps tore, the windows pulled from the plastic runners. All in all not Worth the 3 Warranty claims in 6 months
How long ago was this?

·
Registered
398 Posts
March 2014 I bought the top. September 2014 I sold it. 3 warranty claims were about a month apart in the middle somewhere. I may have got a bad model n others may be great. I will say rampages customer service was good and no issues getting replacement stuff.

·
Registered
8,511 Posts
March 2014 I bought the top. September 2014 I sold it. 3 warranty claims were about a month apart in the middle somewhere. I may have got a bad model n others may be great. I will say rampages customer service was good and no issues getting replacement stuff.
Alright thanks. Most of the bad reviews I seen about straps and such breaking were from older threads (2-4 years ago). A lot of the newer ones seem to be better. Was just curious where yours fell in. I'm thinking about getting one myself. Can't really bring myself to pay near double for the Trektop.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Alright thanks. Most of the bad reviews I seen about straps and such breaking were from older threads (2-4 years ago). A lot of the newer ones seem to be better. Was just curious where yours fell in. I'm thinking about getting one myself. Can't really bring myself to pay near double for the Trektop.
Mine has had no issues. Went topless today started to get cold so I checked the weather...supposed to rain. Of course. So I put the top back on and by then it was cold out and it was pretty rough with it and nothing bad happened. My straps seem to be pretty good donno Let me know if you need any pictures of anything

·
Registered
557 Posts
Pics would be nice, how long have u had it?
Well don't take the wrong way but I have better things to do rather than take a million random pictures of things you may or may not want to see, then up load them haha so if there specific things you would like to see let me know.

I've owned the jeep for almost a year. Don't know how old the top actually is

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't have one, but two guys in my club have them and have had the zippers break within 3 months of getting them and can't get rampage to call them back about replacing them under warranty. I was also thinking of getting one, but I'm waiting to see if rampage will take care of them or not.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can highly recommend the softopper brand. Had mine a year and a half and have had 0 problems. High winds, rain (no leaks), snow and have been very satisfied.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well I have had 3 tops by rampage, every last one of them has torn in one way or another.

First one was one of their early designs for sound deadening, that material tore out of the stitching.

The second one was a tonneau cover from about 5 years ago, stitching tore out from the plastic retainers.

Third one was from 3 years ago it was the half cab design with in 3 months the stitching tore out from the plastic retainers for the tonneau cover, got rampage to replace that cover. When I got the replacement I went to put it on and it tore at the front cab corners with very little force. They couldn't send a replacement as they sent me the "last" one they had in stock. So I had to send the brand new cover back for them to repair it. I got the replacement back after repairs were made, but never put it on.

Don't think the quality of workmanship is going to go up anytime soon, but hey I could be wrong and hope I am. But things made outside of the USA usually don't have good quality.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought mine a few months back for my YJ. Love it so far. No issues at all. If you don't have the hardware or spend the money for a replacement top this is the way to go. Would recommend to anyone. Pain to put on the first time, but after that its a breeze. Pics are in my profile. Let me know if I can answer any questions or be of help.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Only issue I have had with mine is one of the sides came under done and started flapping in the wind ripped it here. They sent the PO out a replacement. Which I still haven't installed obviously lol I have absolutely zero issues with zippers and straps. Actually the issue I have is that the zippers in the back is a little tight so I had to bend one the zippers open more to get the back window on

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts