Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2014 JKU used. It came with the Rampage Front Double Tube Bumper. I like it - and I have received many compliments, but I have seen many others that I would have probably chosen. I was thinking that maybe adding some lights would help with the appearance, but I can't find a single person on the forum with the same bumpers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on lighting or other mods that would work/look good with this bumper?

Also, I'm thinking about moving the the license plate off to the side...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I think a couple of lights in the center of the tube would look pretty awesome. First, you'll wanna decide whether you want round lights or square lights, short-range or long-range, etc.

You could even go hog-wild, and put some centered on the high part of the tube, a couple on the outer edges, a pair at the windshield, light bar on the roof...In that case you might want to look into an sPOD, which is an electronics management system that installs under your hood.

Possibilities are endless.

Check out some of these threads for ideas:

Tons of photos in this bad boy: Show me your bumpers with your lights, fog lights etc!

Light Options on the Barricade Trailforce HD Front Bumper

(sPOD info in this one) Lights (Cubes/Bars) Are We using them?

Check out what NoGaBiker did in this thread––went with old school with big round KC lights: KC Gravity Daylighter 6" Spot: Wow!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think a couple of lights in the center of the tube would look pretty awesome. First, you'll wanna decide whether you want round lights or square lights, short-range or long-range, etc.

You could even go hog-wild, and put some centered on the high part of the tube, a couple on the outer edges, a pair at the windshield, light bar on the roof...In that case you might want to look into an sPOD, which is an electronics management system that installs under your hood.

Possibilities are endless.

Check out some of these threads for ideas:

Tons of photos in this bad boy: Show me your bumpers with your lights, fog lights etc!

Light Options on the Barricade Trailforce HD Front Bumper

(sPOD info in this one) Lights (Cubes/Bars) Are We using them?

Check out what NoGaBiker did in this thread––went with old school with big round KC lights: KC Gravity Daylighter 6" Spot: Wow!
Very good info, thank you!

Do you know if I can eventually put a winch on with this bumper?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Very good info, thank you!

Do you know if I can eventually put a winch on with this bumper?
Does it include a winch plate? If so, you're in good shape. If not, there are ways to rig something up.

You'd need a winch plate with a raised front, so the fairlead would clear the bumper tube.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Does it include a winch plate? If so, you're in good shape. If not, there are ways to rig something up.

You'd need a winch plate with a raised front, so the fairlead would clear the bumper tube.
OP, if you decide to run a winch the Rugged Ridge Raised Winch Mounting Plate is a good option for clearing the bumper. It'll mount right to the frame and give you a nice solid spot to mount the winch to. Let me know if you have any questions at all!

-Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts