Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen/installed/used the Rampage JK Retractable Rocker Guards?

This Rocker Guard has small gas shocks so it can be used as a step and then when there's no pressure on the step, it pulls up into a rocker guard configuration.

I think it's a sweet idea, I'm just wondering how reliable they are and if they look good. :) If you have pictures of your JK with these installed, please post them.

Thanks,
-T

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
Looks pretty nice, but I haven't seen them in person so I can't speak to the sturdiness. Normally I'd be concerned with components like this that have an unnecessary number of moving parts that can fail, but it's probably fine.

Amazon.com: Rampage R88732 No Drill Convertible Rocker Guards For 2007-10 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited 4 Door: Automotive

Rampage Products 88632 - Rampage Products Convertible Side Bar/Rocker Guard in Textured Black Powder Coat for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Here are my two concerns- if it moves, it won't be much use as a rocker guard. Also, if it moves only when you're stepping on it, there's a solid risk of slippage. I'll stick to my no-frills step/guard, thanks! Mark W.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm with Mark. The concept is nice and it looks good but that's it. For practical circumstances and the known reliability of a solid welded rock guard seems much better. But, if your jeep is a pavement princess I say go for it. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL!! Pavement Princess!! Haha... That's a good one!

Thanks for the feedback, I don't see myself doing any hard-core rock trails (yet), for now it'll probably be snow in the winter and getting dirty in the mud in the summer. Call me a newb, that's ok... I'll probably check them out and see how it goes.

-T

·
Registered
331 Posts
I was hoping for a follow up on this if you got them. looking into getting a pair for my JKU. (pavement princess) lol

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
They are not that strong to be used as a slider or anything hitting it hard

They lock down to be used as a step , but dont lock up so when you fold them up you have to stay off of it

Besides that they are really good for short people because they sit a lot lower then most steps

·
Registered
374 Posts
Saw them when they came out ..... I'm a little hesitant about them. Been out on the trails a couple of times and survive with what I have , but I plan on changing to the enhanced rubi rail from extreme terrain. I rather have them not move at all.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Saw them when they came out ..... I'm a little hesitant about them. Been out on the trails a couple of times and survive with what I have , but I plan on changing to the enhanced rubi rail from extreme terrain. I rather have them not move at all.
Let me know when you're ready to pull the trigger on those Barricade Rock Sliders and I'll get you set up with a great price!

-Ryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts