Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.amazon.com/Rampage-86605-Rear-Recovery-Bumper/dp/B001OML64C

Anyone had this rear bumper on their Jeep for awhile? I would love to know how you like it, how it's holding up, any paint flaking issues, etc.
After installing/owning/beating up, would you recommend? Seem solid for recoveries/towing?
Pics would be nice if you have'em.

I really like the way this bumper mounts full width and aligns with the factory flares. Amazon reviews are all over the place. Plus, it's Amazon, so it's hard to separate idiots from reasonable people.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
257 Posts
Robot Check

Anyone had this rear bumper on their Jeep for awhile? I would love to know how you like it, how it's holding up, any paint flaking issues, etc.
After installing/owning/beating up, would you recommend? Seem solid for recoveries/towing?
Pics would be nice if you have'em.

I really like the way this bumper mounts full width and aligns with the factory flares. Amazon reviews are all over the place. Plus, it's Amazon, so it's hard to separate idiots from reasonable people.

Thanks,
Jason
I had the same thoughts and questions as you. Ever get any feedback?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this bumper and the install was very easy, uses all factory mounting hole with no drilling or adjustments required. Was able to install solo in less than 2 hours using a floor jack as a helper.

Have not used as a recovery bumper yet, just starting mods' and bumpers were first. Lift finishing up this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have this bumper and the install was very easy, uses all factory mounting hole with no drilling or adjustments required. Was able to install solo in less than 2 hours using a floor jack as a helper.

Have not used as a recovery bumper yet, just starting mods' and bumpers were first. Lift finishing up this weekend.
Looks great. Are you happy with the fit and finish? And do you know if it can be used with a factory hitch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fit and finish was very good, packaging solid and protected the shipment well. The bumper I bought came with a hitch kit, but it used the exact same holes as the factory hitch I removed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts