Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body know if the rampage soft top is worth buying and if so is the sail cloth the one to buy

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
nelsonan1 said:
You need the rampage header, door surrounds, and tailgate bar
Rampage header factory surrounds and factory tailgate bar

·
Registered
442 Posts
Im running mine with the factory door surrounds and tailgate bar and a bestop windhseild header.............

All you should need is the windsheild header. The top is great so far and is nice and quiet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks every body for the help

I think I'll order one tomorrow do y'all know the best place to order one

·
Registered
669 Posts
Can I use my factory soft top Chanel and tail gate bar
You can use your factory tail gate bar, and factory door surrounds, but you CAN NOT use the factory header. Its $34 for the rampage header on quadratech. I just oredered one off the internet about an hour ago and spoke to the guys at rampage, becuase I had the same qestions you had.

As fas as noise IDK, but will let you know when I get the top on there. When talking to the guys on the phone he said you HAVE to install it on a warm day. If you don't he said It's almost an impossible task. I live in oregon and it's going to be raining for the next 10 years so I have no warm days lol. but I'm gonna stick the tj in the garage and crank the heater!!!! basically you have to warm the cloth up and then it shrinks as it cools back down followed by it becoming tighter, and a better fit. Get the sail cloth, I was told it has better insulative properties than the other options.

I know there is difference in the door surrounds on 97's maybe that's why there has been conflicting information??????

And amazon was $20 bucks cheaper.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My jeeps a 2004 rubicon is there a difference between 97 to 2006? Door surrounds
From what rampage said, If you have a 97 then it is a potentially an issue. If you have anything other than a 97 (which you do!) then you're in the clear!!

I have a 98 made in 97 lol, so I'm gonna find out real quick if it works for me.

I would just call rampage, for more Q's.....951-277-4949. they are pretty smart guys with great answers and tips to help you out. Although, you can't directly from them.

Should have mine in about a week!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts