Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a vast majority of users on this forum prefer the "bigger" and "more popular" names for their equipment, but does any one have a experience with Ranch Hand. I ask because I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on this rear bumper:

It meets ALL the criteria I was looking for: Lightweight, Inexpensive, can use factory hitch and has lights and recovery points built in. It's 3/16" steel which is the same as my front Barricade bumper, so I know it's not going to be super heavy. Thank you for all your input!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, not popular, apparently...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Looks pretty cool and heavy duty. I'm in the market for a new rear bumper as well and may consider one of these. Keep us posted on how it is if you decide to pull the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts
they are well made and made in the USA. I was close to getting one but have not yet. They have great features including the end step.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I like the looks and functions of it, but hate the diamond plate. Makes it look cheap and homemade.

·
Registered
179 Posts
RanchHand in Texas has been huge for two decades. They started making them here in Texas, then made in China. I don't think their quality has suffered any for it, I'm just saying. Normally, it's grill guards and bumpers for F250s, 2500HDs, etc. I didn't know they made a Jeep bumper. When you say lightweight, how do you know? RanchHand products have always been seriously stout - not lightweight.

They do make some good-looking products though. Their bumpers look very clean; simple.

Jeep Products - Quality Ranch Hand Product

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts
RanchHand in Texas has been huge for two decades. They started making them here in Texas, then made in China. I don't think their quality has suffered any for it, I'm just saying. Normally, it's grill guards and bumpers for F250s, 2500HDs, etc. I didn't know they made a Jeep bumper. When you say lightweight, how do you know? RanchHand products have always been seriously stout - not lightweight.

They do make some good-looking products though. Their bumpers look very clean; simple.

Jeep Products - Quality Ranch Hand Product
still says made in the USA so that is good.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I was looking at their front bumpers/grill guards for my Power Wagon. I research to a fault before I buy stuff and they have some real nice equipment. Pricy but as they say you get what you pay for. Looking at the bumper you posted I really like the rear lights and bumper steps. Looks like a nice piece. How much?
As was stated above I was unaware that they made Jeep stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know a vast majority of users on this forum prefer the "bigger" and "more popular" names for their equipment, but does any one have a experience with Ranch Hand. I ask because I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on this rear bumper:

It meets ALL the criteria I was looking for: Lightweight, Inexpensive, can use factory hitch and has lights and recovery points built in. It's 3/16" steel which is the same as my front Barricade bumper, so I know it's not going to be super heavy. Thank you for all your input!
I wonder if they would make it without diamond plate...

Also I couldn't find a price on their website would you mind letting us know ballpark what you found it for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do a Google search and you'll find them all over the web for $445 before shipping. This price is what attracted me to them along with the features. I contacted CarID about an hour ago, to get a shipping quote, but probably won't hear back from them til tomorrow. As far as I know, they are still made in Texas, good ol' USA - another plus. I say it's lightweight because it's made of 3/16" steel, not the really heavy 5/16" that many of the big name brands are made of. I have a Barricade front bumper that I easily handled myself, so I know this bumper isn't going to cause sagging. They do have a bumper that has the capability of adding a tire carrier:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ive got a Ranch Hand rear bumper that is on its second F350... the quality is great, nice and solid. My only complaint is the powder coat. But i hate powder coat, not the bumpers fault. Blasted what was left of the powder coat off last year and refinished, still looks good.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I have not seen a jeep with a ranch hand bumper but I have seen them on bigger trucks. They seem to be well built.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I've seen a Jeep with the Ranchhand front bumper. The thing looked like the front of a locomotive. I don't know if it was all the diamond plate or what, but it just looked huge. The rest of the Jeep was stock, so maybe that is why. It just did not look right at all.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
From the trucks I've seen with these, I'd have absolutely no problem putting these bumpers on my jk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I normally have 5-6 pickups owned by my farm/ranch. Everyone has a Ranch Hand bumper. I was traveling home late one night at about 70mph. and took a 850 lb steer to the passenger side of the bumper, it bent it but didn't phase my truck at all and I was even able to bend the bumper back. After that I never purchased anything else. Had no idea they made Jeep bumpers.

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts
check amazon for nice price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A big thumbs up for Ranch Hand. I have had them on every full size truck I've owned. Too bad your not in Texas, thier outlet is on loop 12 in Dallas, pennies on the dollar. The last few blems I bought from them ended up linexed and looked better than new. Most of thier blems are cosmetic.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did it! My bonus check arrived and I ordered the Sport Back Bumper - the black diamond plate one posted above. $505 from Amazon -NO tax / Free shipping FTW! It should be arriving before next weekend. I'll post pics as soon as I get it installed. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts