Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2401 - 2420 of 4228 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks great, are those wheels plasti dipped? What type and color did you use? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!Those are the Quadratec Moab if memory serves me right. Alloys. Color I’m really not sure. I don’t see them in their online catalog anymore. But they match the factory paint really well and the backspacing is perfect so far!

Also forgot to add that I did use the Rancho correction brackets.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here are my alignment numbers after install. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am trying to decide between this kit and the Terraflex leveling kit and my thoughts are that this might be a better value as my Rubi shocks have ~50K on them.

My questions are: Thoughts vs. the Rancho kit and the TF leveling kit?

The 5000 shocks vs the 9000 shocks?

I think I am going with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 255/80R17 (33x10) but still considering the BFG KO2 34x10.5 or even 285/75R17 but I don't know if I want to spend the money on new wheels (or spacers) and a a new tire carrier.

·
Registered
740 Posts
most everyone is happy here with the rancho kit.

most people seem to end up on the lighter side of the adjusted scale with the 9000s
that's softer then the 5000s mid point setting.
so if you want to soften the ride get the 9000s.

I think 255/80s would be perfect with stock gear ratios
also keep in mind theres a 50/50 chance you may need castor correction

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am trying to decide between this kit and the Terraflex leveling kit and my thoughts are that this might be a better value as my Rubi shocks have ~50K on them.

I think I am going with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 255/80R17 (33x10) but still considering the BFG KO2 34x10.5 or even 285/75R17 but I don't know if I want to spend the money on new wheels (or spacers) and a a new tire carrier.
Dude! I do not have this kit and I have the EVO 2" coils and 9000's. If it was me I would get the Rancho
Kit. You cannot beat it. Guys are adding control arms, track bar/brackets. This is their preference in my option
My Evo coils gained me 2.75" lift. I am considering control arms. You do not need track bars or brackets unless it bugs the shit out with your axles moving. I would have o measure mine to see. I'm happy with it. Get the Rancho kit and 9000's and drive it then go from their. I love the 9000's.

Reactions: Rancho

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks! Thats kind of what I am leaning toward. It's my daily driver so I am trying to keep good road manners and economy.

BTW: I have a 3.6 with 4.10 and 6M

·
Registered
152 Posts

I went from the TF leveling kit to the Rancho 2” Sport lift with 9000s. There is no comparison. Don’t get me wrong, the TF looked nice and kept the factory ride, but the Rancho ride is freak n unbelievable. If you really want the TF kit...pm me, I make you a hell of a deal on 1 that’s almost brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here's a 3.6, 6M with 4.10 Gearing.

As of yesterday it has added 295-70r17 Firestone M/T2's as well. Gearing feels about perfect with the new tires. Man are they quiet compared to the stock BFG KM's. Interested in how long the quiet ride will last, not that it matters too much. I'm running shocks at 2 all around now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Here's a 3.6, 6M with 4.10 Gearing.

As of yesterday it has added 295-70r17 Firestone M/T2's as well. Gearing feels about perfect with the new tires. Man are they quiet compared to the stock BFG KM's. Interested in how long the quiet ride will last, not that it matters too much. I'm running shocks at 2 all around now.

Looks great!

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's a good looking Jeep nads. I assume you have spacers with the stock wheels (or those are Hardrocks from QT).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Alright need some thoughts here. I went from the tereflex budget boost to this kit. When I installed the rancho I left the rear shock extensions in place and the rear bumpstops. I noticed after going over a few bumps I can feel something kinda hard. I have a hard time believing the shocks are bottoming out but is that possible? Could I just be hitting the bump stop?
I’m thinking I’ll take the extension off first, but man those things are such a pain.
I did have the old shocks and coils in a box in the back and I’m also thinking that may have been what I was hearing and feeling as they bounced around.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's a good looking Jeep nads. I assume you have spacers with the stock wheels (or those are Hardrocks from QT).
You've got it... 1.5" spidertrax bringing the wheels to 4.75" back spacing from original 6.25". Some day I may switch to new wheels but these look and work well for now.

I got the pressure on the tires down to 30 psi last night using the chalk method. Combined with the 2 on the shocks all around is amazing. Going to a lift and larger E rated tires wasn't supposed to be a better ride than stock.... But it is!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just ordered this lift from Northridge4x4. Package deal with geometry correction brackets, so saved there. Forum discount on JKS front track bar. Free shipping. Add on Rancho rebate...I am happy and can't wait to install.

·
Vendor
2,925 Posts
I would remove that extension, these shocks are plenty long out back.

Alright need some thoughts here. I went from the tereflex budget boost to this kit. When I installed the rancho I left the rear shock extensions in place and the rear bumpstops. I noticed after going over a few bumps I can feel something kinda hard. I have a hard time believing the shocks are bottoming out but is that possible? Could I just be hitting the bump stop?
I’m thinking I’ll take the extension off first, but man those things are such a pain.
I did have the old shocks and coils in a box in the back and I’m also thinking that may have been what I was hearing and feeling as they bounced around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wasn't planning to do much to my Wrangler yet (haven't had it two months yet). But reading about this particular Rancho lift I couldn't resist going ahead with it. I got the lift on and I'm not using any geometry brackets or adjustable arms yet. My rough measurements show about 2.25" lift in front and 1" in back and it sits just about perfect for me on my mostly stock Wrangler. In driving it around I found that it rides pretty nice, though I think I *might* need a bit more caster. I want to measure it before I do anything though.

Here it is:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would remove that extension, these shocks are plenty long out back.

I went ahead and removed the rear extension and the bumpstops as well.
I noticed the rear gap between the top and bottom bumpstops was pretty close maybe 2”. I think I was actually hitting the stops. But since I was there I went ahead and got rid of both.
So far so good!

2401 - 2420 of 4228 Posts