Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 unlimted sport with max tow (3.73 gears). I am planning on running 35" tires and am looking at lifts. I know many people on this site love the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with Rancho 9000XL shocks. Rancho is having a sale on kits with shocks over $800, you get $306 off. So, which would be a better buy?

3" with Rancho RS5000 shocks, $842.99-$306= $536.99

or

3" with Rancho 9000XL shocks, $1082.99-$306= $776.99

This is a daily driver, minimal offroad (so far!) Basically a mall crawler but would love to start riding trails down the road. I know many of you will say 3" is too much but with the rebate is why it is appealing to me.

Here is the link from quadratec:
Rancho 3" Sport System for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm looking at ordering this exact lift in the next month. Have been debating whether I need the drop brackets or not.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Btw that $952 seems to be an oops on quadratec. If you add it to cart it's the rs5000 shocks.
You're right!

I should have caught the math since the progressive springs are $120ish more when bought separately.

Either way, unless you go for the "Trail" kit, you will want some form of caster correction.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Which lift did you go with Pressurized?
My current lift (which is on back order from Amazon) is going to be a hybrid of the Rancho 4" crawler 8 arm lift but I will sub in their 3" progressive springs. I will not use the drop pitman or track bar relocation bracket. I'll sell the springs and those parts to someone that want's to take their 3" up to a 4".

I'm sure I will get a lot of "why's" in my build thread when it starts, and I'll do my best to explain as I get going. All of it depends on Amazon honoring their "deal", which I cannot guarantee at this time.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I can't wait to see it started. Is that the kit that jumped really low that one time? I was wondering as well if it would be worth getting just for the CAs, came really close to pulling the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I can't wait to see it started. Is that the kit that jumped really low that one time? I was wondering as well if it would be worth getting just for the CAs, came really close to pulling the trigger.
Exactly... They sold 2 of them at that price, the other one shipped complete and the person that bought it just flipped it on Craigslist for a profit. Mine got screwed up and they couldn't find the box with the arms in it. So they put it on back order for me and now 6 weeks later it's still on back order.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
They made the deal, shouldn't be hard for them to pick up a lift from Rancho. The waiting game is hard, I ordered my bumper Feb 2.

·
Vendor
2,910 Posts
I like this.

My current lift (which is on back order from Amazon) is going to be a hybrid of the Rancho 4" crawler 8 arm lift but I will sub in their 3" progressive springs. I will not use the drop pitman or track bar relocation bracket. I'll sell the springs and those parts to someone that want's to take their 3" up to a 4".

I'm sure I will get a lot of "why's" in my build thread when it starts, and I'll do my best to explain as I get going. All of it depends on Amazon honoring their "deal", which I cannot guarantee at this time.

Our bumper? Which one? Let me check in on availability once I know which one. Thanks!

They made the deal, shouldn't be hard for them to pick up a lift from Rancho. The waiting game is hard, I ordered my bumper Feb 2.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I have the 3" Rancho with the upper adjustable control arms and I love it so far.
If my current deal falls apart, that's probably how I will go as well. Only need to add some fixed lowers to have the same set up I was going for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So with the 3-3.5 progressive kit, would you suggest the RS5000 or (9000XL for additional $240?)

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I like this.

Our bumper? Which one? Let me check in on availability once I know which one. Thanks!

Not the Rancho bumper, I ordered an Iron Cross, can't wait to see it, I just know what it feels like having to wait.

I did order the Rancho shocks and got them from Florida in a couple days, put them on Saturday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just ordered the 3 inch sport lift with rs9000s this weekend. The price dropped briefly on Amazon and I couldn't pass it up. Can't wait to get it installed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts