Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed Rancho 9000's when I put my lift on. I 'm a little confused with the settings. I know that all the way counterclockwise is 1 and all the way clockwise is 9. What is the range of the knob? Right no I have the indicator vertical, is that as far as it goes, or does it go all the way around? It seemed to stop at that position on every shock. I dont really understand how the numbering on the dial works, since the dial moves and there is no indicator on the shock itself to align a number with. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
So I installed Rancho 9000's when I put my lift on. I 'm a little confused with the settings. I know that all the way counterclockwise is 1 and all the way clockwise is 9. What is the range of the knob? Right no I have the indicator vertical, is that as far as it goes, or does it go all the way around? It seemed to stop at that position on every shock. I dont really understand how the numbering on the dial works, since the dial moves and there is no indicator on the shock itself to align a number with. Any help is appreciated.

Start all the way counterclockwise and count the clicks as you turn knob clockwise. I wouldn't get caught up with the indicator on the knob. I started mine at three clicks from full counterclockwise. Softer ride than the oem red rubicon shocks on that setting. As long as you keep the same setting at least paired, per set front or rear, or all the same you will be fine. You have to decide what you like for the conditions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start all the way counterclockwise and count the clicks as you turn knob clockwise. I wouldn't get caught up with the indicator on the knob. I started mine at three clicks from full counterclockwise. Softer ride than the oem red rubicon shocks on that setting. As long as you keep the same setting at least paired, per set front or rear, or all the same you will be fine. You have to decide what you like for the conditions.
I guess my question is what is the range of the knob, 180 degrees or 360?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yep 360 degrees there should be an arrow etched in the shock body above the knob that you can use to align the numbers with

1 - 6 of 6 Posts