Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. I have run both. Loved the 9000's, you can make it ride like a Cadillac or so stiff you'll think you are going to lose your teeth.

The only issues I had with them were that my first set the adjustment knobs rusted so much I couldn't turn them, but Rancho (through Amazon) sent me 4 new ones. The second issue was the shock bodies rusted pretty bad. The second set I coated with 4 coats of clear paint and sealed the adjuster knobs with silicone. They looked pretty good when I sold them after 1 winter.

I usually ran 3 or 4 all around on the street, and 7 when I went wheeling. I tried 9 once when I went wheeling and it rode so rough I stopped within a 1/4 mile to dial them back to 7.

The Bilsteins came with the new lift I put on last year. They are a nice all around shock as well. They ride pretty nice on the street, and do pretty well on the trails, too. I was pleasantly surprised how well they did off road. They also stood up to the winter salt pretty well (I did fluid film everything this year).

If you live in an area like me where they turn the roads white with salt in the winter, I would go with the Bilsteins. If not, I would go with the Rancho's, for sure. You can't really go wrong with either one, in my opinion.

·
Registered
554 Posts
rancho 9000xls for DD hands down, adjustablility sells them, on my unloaded 2 dr with RK 2.5" lift i run fronts on 1 and rears on 3, if i go and add alot of weight to my jeep i will probably bump up the stiffness more.
Alot of people love the bilsteins and you wont be disappointed with either but if you are not happy with the bilsteins you are s*** out of luck, with the ranchos you can adjust the stiffness to your liking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts