Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hmm, never seen that. Try it out and let us know.....

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
i currently have it. works great! i have had zero issues with it. the part is not well known.

i will say this though, the loop puts the exhaust quite low on the under belly of the jeep. i have never hit it and have survived some very tough trails. the loop is low but in a place where it would be tough to hit.

for the price, it is better than anything else. i will remove it once front DS goes.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i currently have it. works great! i have had zero issues with it. the part is not well known.

i will say this though, the loop puts the exhaust quite low on the under belly of the jeep. i have never hit it and have survived some very tough trails. the loop is low but in a place where it would be tough to hit.

for the price, it is better than anything else. i will remove it once front DS goes.
mine will be going on Friday if I can get the flange bolts out. My 2014 bolts look like they have rusted in place since 1984. I am worried they will snap when I reef on them and not much room to work if they do break off. I might try cutting the stock piece out without removing it even tho the Rancho instructions say not too. I would rather get a front driveshaft but this about a 10th the price for now.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yep. The fact that you need this part means you have a lift which means at some point your front DS will go and then you can just replace the DS and remove the loop.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
installed it in about an hour. some good some bad. Good is that it gives a ton of clearance was easy to install and fit like it should. Hardest part is getting the rear ypipe free from the exhaust as there is a rivet that keeps you from twisting it. You have to just wiggle it and pull forward and not much room to work. I ratchet strapped the muffler and pulled it towards the back to give as much room as possible.

The bad. it hangs down a bit below the cross member. Not much but enough that it could get hung up. I used some spacers to lower the small cross member a bit so it was better protected.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Looks to me like spacers accomplish the same thing as the cross pipe mentioned for a few bucks less. OP - If you want, drop me a PM and you can have my old spacers. You will have to procure your own new flange bolts, but I'm sure Home Depot or any other home improvement store would stock what you need for a couple bucks tops.

The spacers came with my lift and I used them until I added my oil pan/transmission skid plate and new drive shaft.

EDIT - oops... I see you already installed the new pipe! Hope it works great for you.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
installed it in about an hour. some good some bad. Good is that it gives a ton of clearance was easy to install and fit like it should. Hardest part is getting the rear ypipe free from the exhaust as there is a rivet that keeps you from twisting it. You have to just wiggle it and pull forward and not much room to work. I ratchet strapped the muffler and pulled it towards the back to give as much room as possible.

The bad. it hangs down a bit below the cross member. Not much but enough that it could get hung up. I used some spacers to lower the small cross member a bit so it was better protected.
yeah it looks like a bigger deal than it is. never caused me any issues so far.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah it looks like a bigger deal than it is. never caused me any issues so far.
do you play in the rocks? they should have made it come up 1/2" still would have been plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
yes. i would say 60% rocks, 30% mud/whatever, 10% sand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts