Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to lift my JKU, but like many, changed my mind constantly about how to do it. I finally was set on a RK 2.5 lift. The problem was the extra lift it gives leading to other problems that needed addressing. It was also pretty expensive and I wanted Bushwacker flats and Duratrac 35s. This won't be a rock crawler, but I needed the belly clearance of a lift. While researching the shocks I wanted, Rancho RS9000XLs, I learned about their current rebates and started researching their 2" sport lift. It had great reviews from those that had/have it. It was bashed heavily by those that haven't/don't have it. Thanks to KJeeper for the help. I decided to go with the Rancho lift, eliminating caster and other geometry problems due to it being 2". I got another 2" of clearance by going with the Bushwacker flat flares I wanted. That gave me room for 315/75r16 Duratracs on Level 8 Trackers.
ForumRunner_20140509_223852.jpg

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few notes for anyone interested:

I got the best quote from Quadratec on the lift, fenders and AEV Procal.

DID was great for the wheels and tires. I love having them delivered to my door mounted, balaced, new TPMS sensors installed with center caps and black Gorilla splined lugs.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some notes on the components:

Rancho 2" Sport Lift for JKU-
Very straight forward kit. It comes with clear instructions with color photos, two front springs, two .75 spacers for the rear, rear brake line brackets and four adjustable shocks. Follow the instructions and you won't get in trouble. It was a six hour job for me working alone.

Bushwacker flat flares-
Included instructions are dark, but there is a write - up on Project JK with very clear pictures for the couple times I was unsure. This is a easy, but very tedious job. I used a Dremel with cutting bit for the splash shields. Make sure you follow the directions in order or you can mess yourself up. Do the front first, while you are fresh. I didn't use the splash shields in the back. I'm going to undercoat. It took me about seven hours working alone.

AEV Procal-
It worked simply and quickly to change tire size and TPMS alarm points. Took me about three minutes.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Proves to people you do not need a s**t ton of lift (especially with flat fenders) to run a larger tire.
Looking good brother :thumb:
If Down the road you want a little more droop up front, upgrade to the 30xl front shocks.
I will keep that in mind. Again, thanks for the help. I'm real happy with the outcome. I was able to get the lift plus the fenders i wanted and the programmer for around $1k.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Before my septic leach field died and had to be replaced, I was going to take advantage of the Rancho rebate. Still might. With all the talk about AEV, RK, and TF (all good companies) I wasn't sure about the Rancho lift. But the forums are full of owners that love them.

One question: Do you have a bit of reverse rake now or is that just the angle of the photo? Looks a bit high in front but it could be the picture. Nothing a new bumper and winch wouldn't cure, in any case. Jeep looks great!

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
The coils will settle some but yes, there is a slight rake with the 2" kit.
Me personally, I would see if I could get ahold of the 1.75's in the 2 door kit (if I owned a 4 door)
I don't think the coils are the same .. Might want to check on that or just get a 2 door kit.
Option 2, RE makes 1.75 spacers for like $60

1 - 8 of 8 Posts