Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wanted to let eveyone know the nightmare im having with the Shocktober fest rebate. Tenneco who handled their rebate ....... is just plain crap. Little history:

Oct 9th i bought the Rancho 9000 shocks because of the buy 3 get one. The next day i mailed that rebate with all the proper documents. Then waited on the 8 to 10 weeks for my rebate.

Nov 5th i get an email from Tenneco saying my receipt doesnt provide the required price per item. On that day i called Moris 4X4 where i bought the shocks. Rayan was very helpful and immediately sent me a corrected receipt by email. I sent Tenneco an email back with the receipt..... but of course that email dont work. I called their CS phone...... and their reps cant tell you anything but whats in the computer ..... or help you at all if there is a problem. Finally got a supervisor and she had me FAX it to her. Which i confirmed happened.

5 Dec i get another email saying its being processed...... again wait 8 to 10 weeks.

Mar 14 Today i called to check on it and was told it was past the date and wont be processed. It did no good explaining the problem to the rep. He said all he could do was say he was sorry and that i was right that i had done everything correctly. The supervisor couldnt help me this time. But i was redirected to the CS at Tenneco..... not the rebate section. The guy reviewed it talked to someone for an extended period of time and then said i would receive my rebate in about 4 weeks. Does anyone believe that?

I also want to say........i talked all these problems over with the Ranchero guy on here while all this was happening. His reply to me by email was......"we hire a firm (a clearing house) who does all this. So that being said, i have nothing to do with the rebate process".

So.... what does one do with a company that wont honor their rebate after putting me thru the hoops Rancho? Tenneco didnt even send me another email saying i wasnt getting it. I had to find out. IF i dont get something in 4 weeks ill check again....... then off to the BBB with a complaint. Anyone see where this is my fault???

Dew

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called the main Tenneco CS.... NOT the rebate section zombies. They assured me id have the rebate in 3 to 4 weeks. I had them send me an Email stating that ...... which they did. I guess im the squeeky wheel. But man its like pulling teeth to get these rebates. It also took me 5 months to get my Besttop rebate for my Trec topper. Im still not holding my breath on this one.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
i hate rebates. I was lucky I did eventually get my rancho rebate for my shocks but my buddy who sent everything in at the same time never got his. they said he did not send the receipt which he swears he did. He just gave up. Warn winch rebate same thing he never got his and it took me several months. I will say Discount tire Direct had their rebate to me in about a week as did Cooper tire which is funny because they probably all go thru the same clearing house.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Sorry you had all the issues with the rebate, what a pain.

I will have to say that my experience was flawless. I purchased on the last day of the promotion, mailed my paperwork a week later and had the rebate in about 6-weeks. In addition, I purchased from Advance Auto Parts with a coupon for something like $50 off and the rebate was still for the full retail price of the shocks. I bought the 5000's for an older work truck, very happy with the shocks also.

Don't waste your time with the BBB. It is a common misnomer that they have some power or authority (I think putting Bureau in the name does it). They are an independent organization (business) and their main goal is getting membership dues from businesses, not helping or protecting consumers. If any business needs to have a complaint filed against them, it is the BBB for being a total scam.

You might try emailing Rancho a link to this thread. I am sure they do not want a $50 rebate (or whatever the amount) driving customers away.

Hope you receive the rebate soon.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rather i get it or not......... the President of Tenneco will receive a letter in the mail......i sent it today. Think about it....... how many just give up. its like talking to BOB in Inda on the phone...... well the first time i called Tenneco i got his sister and we didnt understand each other at all.

Maybe on the BBB......... but you have to start some where. So i started here lol. These things should go smoother....... and much faster than 6 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts