Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What settings are everyone running on their RS9000 shocks?

Just looking for a good starting point on my 2.5" TF lift.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I run 5 front and 4 back. Some have a higher number up front due to the heavier weight up front. When I ran them both at 5, the rear jarred a bit much. 4 is softer. I am happy but may experiment with 4/3 although I am concerned 3 may be too flighty.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I run 5 front and 4 back. Some have a higher number up front due to the heavier weight up front. When I ran them both at 5, the rear jarred a bit much. 4 is softer. I am happy but may experiment with 4/3 although I am concerned 3 may be too flighty.
Good point. I have no extra weight up front, and none in back either. I had the back loaded with a lot of heavy gear on Friday and changed to 5 in back and it was great. Weight will impact what setting you like.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I run 3 all around, might drop the rear even lower. No extra weight back there at all, stock bumper and spare is strapped to the floor where the backseat used to be. Even at 3 bumps through the back wheels are pretty jarring. TF springs are not very forgiving with little extra addon weight.

·
Registered
174 Posts
4/4 right now but it's not perfect. I think I'm going to experiment with 3/4 or 3/3. It rides good but does not perform well when there are a lot of minor road imperfections. I might be chasing a unicorn but it will be fun to play with.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
4/4 right now but it's not perfect. I think I'm going to experiment with 3/4 or 3/3. It rides good but does not perform well when there are a lot of minor road imperfections. I might be chasing a unicorn but it will be fun to play with.
The beauty of these is that they are so simple to adjust. I'm running 4/4 too and love it but will readjust when I install my 60 rate rear springs (on the way).

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I run my front at 6 with a bumper and 3 rear with stock bumper, no spare and soft top. Too soft on the front and you can feel it cornering, too firm in the rear and it bounces around too much.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Good point. I have no extra weight up front, and none in back either. I had the back loaded with a lot of heavy gear on Friday and changed to 5 in back and it was great. Weight will impact what setting you like.
I was referring to the engine compartment when talking about more weight up front.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm running 2/2

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
4/4
Love it.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I was hauling my utility trailer yesterday loaded with firewood. I should have stiffened up the fronts to about 6/7. May try that today. Love the adjustability of these shocks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I run 3/3 on my JKUR with 3.5" Rock Krawler lift.... I love it. She has some body roll but I like the soft ride. I may experiment going to 5 or 6 in the front.

·
Registered
927 Posts
0/0 on my '14 JKU stock tires with Teraflex 2.5" lift, still feels pretty stiff over speed bumps and sharp expansion joints, did not see much of a difference from 3/3.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Had 3 sets on my previous vehicles (granted large Ford Excursions and Super duties)

although I LIKED them soft,
the oversized tires did not and contributed to some cupping...

so don't run them too soft and allow the tires to 'micro-bounce' enough to cause an odd wear pattern... i got to where I rotated very 5k and set them a bit stiffer than I would have liked...

fyi - anyone want an in cab controller for them... I bought one for my last 350 platinum and traded it in before I put them on :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I was hauling my utility trailer yesterday loaded with firewood. I should have stiffened up the fronts to about 6/7. May try that today. Love the adjustability of these shocks.

Made the change to 4/6 today and the front feels very well planted at 6.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts