Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Rancho shocks or rough country?

21K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  TJGarm06 
#1 ·
Not exactly sure which shocks would be considered the better buy, would I be better off with rancho shocks or should I go with the cheaper rough country shocks? I've heard you're just paying for the name with rancho shocks. Help me out here.

#2 ·
I'll tell you the Rancho from everyone I've talked to is a better buy than the rough country. That's what I'll be buying for mine next. Not sure if I'm going with the 5000 or adjustable 9000 but from what most have told me rancho 5000 is a very good shock.

Kjeeper10, he has used a ton of different shocks from fox, to other kinds and he prefers the Ranchos over any he has ran.

#3 ·
Rancho always has a big sale around summer. The sale included a $200 rebate card that came in very quickly once I submitted it. I got 4 Rancho 9000 for around $52 or so a shock year before last and they are great. I wouldn't even consider Rough Country at any price.

#5 ·
A few things that set us apart :)

PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE AND 90-DAY RISK-FREE RIDE OFFER
We challenge you to try our Rancho® RS9000™XL, RS7000®MT or Rancho® RS5000™X Shock Absorbers risk-free for 90 days - if these products* don’t meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY (limited to qualifying Rancho® products only)*
Tenneco warrants qualifying Rancho® products against defects in materials or workmanship (except finish) when used under normal operating conditions for as long as the products are installed on, and the original purchaser owns, the original vehicle on which they were installed.

SAVE THAT RECEIPT!!!

All of the info
Limited Lifetime Warranty / 90-Day Risk-Free Ride Offer

And lastly save a little money right now!!

Promotions

Good luck and feel free to ask questions or PM me.
Thanks Matt:drinks:

#7 ·
You'll want the Rancho 5000X not the 5000 if you are looking at those shocks...

#9 ·
I've heard you're just paying for the name with rancho shocks. Help me out here.

Well, you heard wrong. When it comes to the RC, compared to Rancho, you are not paying as much and you do not getingt much unless a ROUGH ride is what you want.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.