Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 JKU sport, The last couple of day I get a random ding alert like I unhooked my seatbelt but I do not have any lights or service codes in the computer. Anyone else have this or a know the cause?
When is does it its about 1 to 2 minutes apart.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It's possible you have a something triggering the ECU, then the computer can't find the error so it resets. Try using your camera phone to record the dash while you drive and see if something is popping up. Otherwise you'll need a scan tool to see what was false alarming.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Same thing happened to me. First it started as you describe. During the past 9 months its gotten worse. Now it's a full blown light show with every warning light flashing. Check engine light was staying on. Air conditioning stopped blowing cold, and fan speed was crazy high. I took it into the dealer while this was happening. They replaced the TIPM on Friday. Saturday it started happening again.

Question for you...do you use a Procal or have you installed any aftermarket electronics (I.e. remote start, lights, stereo)? I'm trying to isolate what could be causing this.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only thing that has changed electronically is I used a superchips flashcal to change my tire size and tire pressures. Electrically on changed my standard fog lights to KC lights because of a winch bumper install, but I get this ding during daylight running with no lights on. I also run a ScanGauge II all the time so I track water temp and current throttle MPG plus get engine codes if any on the fly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the lights I modded to use the factory fog light connector.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was afraid the changes made to the tire pressure monitoring system, tire size, and daytime running lights with the Procal was causing the trouble. Yesterday afternoon I reset to the stock settings with the Procal. Today the lights and chime started feeding out again. I don't think it's the Procal.

I also have an aftermarket remote start but I haven't been using it so I could test the new TIPM. Doesn't look like that's the problem either.

I've notice a lot of these threads recently. I think it's a wider spread problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually saw my seatbelt light flicker on for a second today when it did it. Maybe a ground issue? It's just one ding. Then a few minutes later it might so it again. Maybe it's the butt in the seat sensor?

·
Registered
339 Posts
No, give it time. Mine started just like yours. It kept getting worse and worse. One time it wouldn't even let me start the engine.

It may be a ground problem but I don't think it's the seatbelt.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Make sure your battery cable connections are clean and tight. Any momentary break in battery connection contact with cause this. Your posts read like you have done enough electrical modifications that you may have disconnected one of your battery connections at one time or another. I had this problem a year ago an cured it by cleaning and re-tightening my battery connections. I found a loose ground in the process. No problems since.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Make sure the negative ground on the frame is clean and tight too. The one from the battery to the frame.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did add my Winch about a year ago, so I will check the battery connections.

I also am getting so strange vehicle codes today and when I go to reset the codes I get a "No Response" from my scanner.
Weird Codes are P2C07, B0800, P033F, P0003 which I can not find a corresponding trouble code for.
Also getting the follow...
U2500 - Lack of Acknowledgement from Engine Management,
P0300 - Cylinder Misfire - Random Cylinder

Is the TIPM or ECM covered under the Drive train Warranty?
2011 with 45k miles, had the 3yr, 36k Bumper to Bumper and 5yr, 70K Drive Train warranty.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I did add my Winch about a year ago, so I will check the battery connections.

I also am getting so strange vehicle codes today and when I go to reset the codes I get a "No Response" from my scanner.
Weird Codes are P2C07, B0800, P033F, P0003 which I can not find a corresponding trouble code for.
Also getting the follow...
U2500 - Lack of Acknowledgement from Engine Management,
P0300 - Cylinder Misfire - Random Cylinder

Is the TIPM or ECM covered under the Drive train Warranty?
2011 with 45k miles, had the 3yr, 36k Bumper to Bumper and 5yr, 70K Drive Train warranty.
I'd say the TIPM would fall in the 3 yr/36K warranty. Mine was just replaced under warranty but it didn't fix the problem.

I noticed my lights go crazy at lunch today when I hit a jarring bump.

I just checked my battery connections tonight and the clamps would move on the posts when I wiggled them. When I took the clamps off it looked like only 5-10% of the surface area was making contact with the posts.

I cleaned everything up real well and used some channel lock pliers to squeeze the clamps together a little more. I used the felt pads and battery post grease they sell and buttoned it all back again.

There are some weird rectangle shaped washers that are part of the clamp system. They have a teardrop shaped hole in them for the coned shaped nut to pull them tight.

It looks like when I had my dealer installed 7-pin tow harness installed that they lost the other nut to ground accessories and grounded the harness using the coned nut. I'm thinking this kept the ground from tightening up like it should. Come to think of it...it seems that I started having these problems shortly after that install.

Also, I did the same thing when running a hot wire off the positive post. It was looser than it should have been tonight. I put it under one of the accessory nuts on the positive clamp tonight.

I hope it works! I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Make sure to check the frame grounds too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The ground cable from the battery to the frame. Just follow it from the battery. Also, if there is a lot of corrosion at the connections, there is probably a lot of corrosion inside the cable, under the insulation. If that's the case, trash the cable and get a new one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts