Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks. i have a 2012 jk 6 speed manuali bought this past march. about a month after i got it i would very randomly, and not real often, have a sort of split second hesitation followed by take off while accelerating. it usually only happened when accelerating to get up to speed from a stop or when merging. over the summer i have replaced the spark plugs and coil packs, then the fuel injectors, and finally the fuel pump thinkng it was one of these. i still have the issue but its not a hesitation anymore but almost feels like something catches and there is a jerking. anyone heard of this?

·
Retired Moderator
100,608 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
144 Posts
hi folks. i have a 2012 jk 6 speed manuali bought this past march. about a month after i got it i would very randomly, and not real often, have a sort of split second hesitation followed by take off while accelerating. it usually only happened when accelerating to get up to speed from a stop or when merging. over the summer i have replaced the spark plugs and coil packs, then the fuel injectors, and finally the fuel pump thinkng it was one of these. i still have the issue but its not a hesitation anymore but almost feels like something catches and there is a jerking. anyone heard of this?
Could be sensor, air intake or exhaust. My Jk kinda does what your talking about but in my case I know its a pancaked muffler from wheeling. Another thing on my list. If you really pay attention you can tell if its air, gas or firing related. Try to narrow it down instead of throwing more money at it, Being a 2012 everything you have done is a good thing.

Reactions: 5toots19

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Reactions: 5toots19

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eng. light on? code? could be O2 sensor. I am currently experiencing similar symptoms. obd2 says po132 o2 sensor 1.
not getting that code. only code i have seen, and it was the only time i had a code, was P06DA (engine oil pressure control circuit)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
did changing the crank position sensor help?
After changing the sensor, it has not cut out at all while accelerating. Only once while in cruise control in the past 2 months or so. Definitely an improvement. Easy 1/2 hour job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts