Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I just found this part lying around in the left hand side of my boot. It was while the soft top was on. Really have no idea what it is. If any of you know where its from/what its for, let me know!

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
It is for bolting down the hard top. They slide in under the body rail

·
Registered
615 Posts
lost 1 of those when I put my soft top on after 6mon went to put hrd top on and it was gone if you have a 2012 put it in the storage compartment in back under carpet after it cost $8 at dealer to replace I wont lose another 1

·
Registered
413 Posts
I found one laying in the back and I figured out where it slid in and then I put the 6 bolts back in for safe storage. I have other things in the storage cubby but never thought about storing them in there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I always just put the bolts back in (hand tight) after the hard top comes off. Can't lose them and they stay where they should.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The rear most bolt retainers do not really sit into the body rail and will fall out pretty easy once the bolts are removed. I bought 6 cargo tie downs and mount them with the hard top bolts and nuts, never have to worry about loosing the bolts or nuts and it adds a bunch more tie down points.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Boot = the trunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts