Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to mount 35s on a stock JK? Just temporarily!

I am trading in my 2011 for a 2012 and want to keep the 35s.

I'm not sure if I'm going to have the dealer install a lift or not. But if I don't, can I move the 35 to the stock 2012 just to get it home. I don't care if it rubs when I turn, I'll just becareful.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

With that being said, does any one have experience with a dealer installed lift? They said I can keep my full warranty if THEY do it.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
TXSKYE said:

I am trading in my 2011 for a 2012 and want to keep the 35s.

I'm not sure if I'm going to have the dealer install a lift or not. But if I don't, can I move the 35 to the stock 2012 just to get it home. I don't care if it rubs when I turn, I'll just becareful.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

With that being said, does any one have experience with a dealer installed lift? They said I can keep my full warranty if THEY do it.

Absolutely. It will drive home but your wheel wells are going to be fully stuffed stock. Be very careful on speed bumps, potholes, and that bump at the end of a lot of driveways. I wouldn't push it more than a few days tho. You are going to need a lift fast

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
That's not a random question for a Jeep forum. Now if you had asked, "Why do golf balls have dimples...?" :D

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
That's not a random question for a Jeep forum. Now if you had asked, "Why do golf balls have dimples...?" :D
why do golf balls have dimples? i've always wondered.... :hijacked:

-bob :rofl:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
why do golf balls have dimples? i've always wondered.... :hijacked:

-bob :rofl:
Actually helps em fly through the air farther. That's the extent of my knowledge. Here's a better explanation:

Aerodynamics in Sports Equipment, Recreation and Machines - Golf - Instructor

Some engineering geek will no doubt trash my answer, and you'll then know more about the lowly golf ball than you ever thought you'd want to. :D

Back on topic: OP, just make sure you don't get tempted by any trails on the way home. Jeeps can do that to you. And watch out for speed bumps. :thumb:

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Back on topic: OP, just make sure you don't get tempted by any trails on the way home. Jeeps can do that to you. And watch out for speed bumps. :thumb:
and take a picture. i'd love to see your new stock JK with some 35s stuffed in there like thanksgiving dinner!

-bob :popcorn:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: AND-- the Reynolds No. is the main reason they won't allow "DIMPLES" on Baseballs--other than costs !!

Every jeeper should have golf/baseball--dimple syndrom !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm still lining up the right deal, but if/when it happens I will take some pics!

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
or..........

........... why does sour cream have an expiration date, or why do they call them "grape nuts":rofl:

What was the question...:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
and take a picture. i'd love to see your new stock JK with some 35s stuffed in there like thanksgiving dinner!

-bob :popcorn:
I have to admit to a certain morbid curiosity myself...
This is what my JKU looked like with 35" tires stuffed under it prior to the lift. I installed them at my house and drove 20 miles to the shop where I was getting the lift done. The tires rubbed on the fenders a couple of times when I hit some larger bumps in the road. I tried to be careful, so that I wouldn't rip my fenders off.

IMG_0062.jpg

This is what it looks like now with a 3.5" lift.
IMG_0090.jpg

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Actually helps em fly through the air farther. That's the extent of my knowledge. Here's a better explanation:

Aerodynamics in Sports Equipment, Recreation and Machines - Golf - Instructor

Some engineering geek will no doubt trash my answer, and you'll then know more about the lowly golf ball than you ever thought you'd want to. :D

:whistling: AND-- the Reynolds No. is the main reason they won't allow "DIMPLES" on Baseballs--other than costs !!

Every jeeper should have golf/baseball--dimple syndrom !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO
I want to put dimples on my Jeep for improved fuel economy. If it will allow a golf ball to travel farther through the air with less wind resistance, I would think my Jeep would do the same on a tank of gas. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
bo9roadking said:
I want to put dimples on my Jeep for improved fuel economy. If it will allow a golf ball to travel farther through the air with less wind resistance, I would think my Jeep would do the same on a tank of gas. :thumb:
That only works if your Jeep is spinning. :)

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
I thought mythbusters tested that and it was better economy even with the 400lbs of clay they used, or however much it was.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I thought mythbusters tested that and it was better economy even with the 400lbs of clay they used, or however much it was.
I remember that episode. Confused me enough that I'll never forget it. How can a vehicle get better gas mileage with that much extra weight just because it's dimpled?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts