Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna check out Slaughterhouse Gulch near conifer off of 285 if anyone would like to join me...probably going to leave my place in aurora at about 145-2 oclock (today)

cell is five.six.three - 505 -0129

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wasnt bad at all over that way...few slick/snowy/icy spots but 90% of the trail done in 2wd, 9% in 4lo, and 1% in 4hi

i kinda forgot i brought my camera so i didnt get many shots...here are the only ones i remembered to take

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
looks nice out there!!! sweet pics!

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it was definitely nice out...probably around 45 degrees, sunny, nice snow...

i'm thinkin i'm going to make another run Saturday since its supposed to snow that day

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going again on Saturday because another friend wants to take his rubi...invitation still stands for whoever wants to go

i'll be leaving my place in denver/aurora at 1245pm (unfortunately got called into work saturday morning)

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alrighty...

for those of you looking to do Slaughterhouse Gulch in the near future...dont lol

When i did it solo on monday...basically did it all the way through in 2 wheel drive.

Today...was in 4 wheel from the very start and only made it a quarter of the way through...maybe a third of the way.

The downhill portion is a solid sheet of ice so if you decide to go down...you'll slide the 1000 feet to the base and will most likely have plenty of trail damage from trees lol. If you get here and decide "oh, i'll turn around and go the back way...get to the base...then just turn around and go back"...nope, you'll get to an uphill climb that is all ice as well. I made it half way up and slid allllll they way back down while bouncing side to side in the ruts (luckily no damage)

So...thats how it sits as of today! Also got stuck in the snow storm up there...took me 2.5 hours to get from Conifer to Denver

Edit: The snow, ice, and white out conditions had a lot to do with how long it took to come home...but the biggest pain in the ass was being detoured from 285 all they way around the world and over to 74...all because of these tools

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-2-recused-from-cliff-201271,0,2942151.story

1 - 7 of 7 Posts