Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Possible yes...and there have been a few post about this type of thing.....a local guy got one on his POLAR. Cool morning cranked the heat and yep it went "tink"....the local dealer did treat him right the "covered it" under warranty with approval from Chrysler....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have two such cracks on my windshield now. Neither one originated from an object striking the windshield. Totally spontaneous. I wonder if my windshield frame isn't slightly warped?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Even happened to me years ago on my XJ when I went to wash it, sun plumbing on the windshield, water temperature out of the hose around 34F, cracked one side to the other...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I have two such cracks on my windshield now. Neither one originated from an object striking the windshield. Totally spontaneous. I wonder if my windshield frame isn't slightly warped?
Jeeps are known for this....Depends on how much you "FLEX" when your wheelin.... Sometimes if you get in a good twist it will crack a windshield. or if ya hit a big hole in the road at speed...
There has been a lot of posts about heat cracks and splashing thru water on hot days and cracking....

I'm on my second windshield from rock strikes. In fact I just had one repaired yesterday $60.00, Insurance paid for it. Thats the Second rock strike on this windshield....
Personally I think it's the glue they use to install the windshields....Needs to be a little softer so the glass can flex and move a little..Just my two cents.
"BH"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts