Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello YJ forum, I have been lurking on this site for a while and there are some really nice jeeps and some pretty good projects going on. I have an 1988 wrangler Sahara that's in great shape and I wanted to raptor line the exterior. I thought I would share some photos of my project.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took about 4/5 days of prep and no word of a lie it took 2hrs to spray it. Prep is key, no cutting corners.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow man that looks freaking awesome!! I am thinking about painting my 91 YJ as well just not with raptor lining but with reg metallic paint. Any tips on the painting side? What grit sand paper did you use to rough up the exterior?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used 40 grit paper for this application. I'd hate to think how long it would take if I was to paint it. I did a lot of research and everybody really stressed about how it's all in the prep work. My prep was easy, just time consuming. I've heard about people doing this in a weekend, that's crazy.

·
Registered
294 Posts
What kind of fenders are those on the front??

Those look great. I've been looking for that style to put on my YJ. Can you post some info about them? Thanks in advance.

Just did mine on Friday and love the way it turned out.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
i've seen some new jeeps rino lined like that from the dealer ship. i just wonder how it will hold up to the uv rays after a few years. If it starts looking bad, it will really look bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good stuff. Been around a couple rigs that have had this done. One was body off frame when done and it has 5 years of zero rust now. I will be doing this to my jeep.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Love it. Whats the base color you added to make it look bronze/copper? Im re-painting mine & want to go black lining inside the tub with a satin base color outside. That's pretty close to the color I was looking to spray mine with.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've always been hesitant to use one of these coatings, but man they look good! How is it applied? With a HVLP spray gun?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow this might be the best Raptor Liner job I have seen on the exterior of a YJ! Fantastic Job!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts