Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks, I got the opportunity to purchase a Rubihara with 48666 miles in like new condition. No body and only light surface undercarriage rust for 22,500. New BFG tires and front AEV Mopar and rear warn bumpers. Extra half doors need to be painted and two soft tops. What is your advice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seems kinda high to me. I'm just a novice myself but you could buy one heck of a nice LJR and still have thousands left over. Just my two cents. Good luck with the decision.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would have loved to have come across this opportunity when I was looking last year! With that said, that price seems a bit steep. I understand it's a rare model, low miles, extra top and half doors, but I would offer a bit less. If it were me, I would offer $20,000 and increment by $100 from there. The bumpers are a nice addition, if you like them, but they shouldn't increase the value much at all. I would even tell them you don't like them and will most likely have to replace them in the near future and use that as a little leverage. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
6,896 Posts
i agree with hutch, someone is trying to make a killing on a "rare" vehicle. i bet you could get a rubi LJ for 22,5. id consider that a much more sought jeep

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
^really nothing. its just a well optioned LJ Rubicon with some bling.

I'd give a RubiHara maybe a 3% pop over an identical LJ Rubicon, but don't read me wrong, the RubiHara is a fantastic Jeep for sure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would offer maybe 18k, rarity us cool and all but you or the previous owner will modify it then that rarity value factor is gone.

·
Registered
110 Posts
^^ What Mark said. I only brought that fact up as to not confuse the OP as to what you stated. My current Jeep is an 05 LJR. Same year as the Rubihara. The only difference is the Sahara option. And mine didn't come with half doors....dammit! Anyway, I stick with my initial advice. Offer $20,000 and go from there. You can always offer less as the start, but the seller most likely knows that he won't have any issue selling it. From what I've seen on these, and other threads nationwide, it's a highly sought after model.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm in the market for an LJR and have been for quite some time. I had the opportunity to buy a Rubicon Sahara but the owner would not budge on their price because it was "such a rare vehicle." I don't doubt that they're rare, I just don't think they are worth any more than a "regular" LJR.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's worth whatever it's worth to you. Regardless of its rarity though, that's a high price. What's the KBB say it's worth? If its mint and unmolested offer him $18000.

My advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rubicon Sahara

He posted the jeep for 24.500. At the end he said that he has had over 30 jeeps in his entire live. This is the most rare jeep. Is someone wants it they have to pay the price. He's and old timer, retired and set in his ways. A low mileage LJ and in excelent shape will cost you 20 grand. So what is 2 grand more. If you want be play with the big boys you have bring it. It comes with a 1inch body lift and a 2.5 BDS lift kit on 33's. These are things that I was going to buy anyway.
Mopar AEV front, Warn rear bumper and AEV Mopar hitch. Half doors is another item I must have. Plus its rare. I've been test driving LJ's for a while. Either their rust buckets or not well taking cares off or high mileage. You don't get to many chances at exclusivity. Has anyone of you seen one in person?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All of you are correct. But I want one clean low mileage with goodies. Especially half doors and rare.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
And your point is?
If you have to ask it's a Rubi LJ with sahara badging. Might as well be a tomb raider tj. Make of it what you will, but it's of no more value than any other similar jeep badged with whatever flavor that strikes your fancy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is mine the day I bought her and before I molested her with suspension and such.

I paid sixteen thousand before taxes, she was completely bone stock, and I got dual tops. Very little rust, but any car up here is going to get some if it sees winter. I hope this helps for comparison for what you're paying.

·
Registered
943 Posts
He posted the jeep for 24.500. At the end he said that he has had over 30 jeeps in his entire live. This is the most rare jeep. Is someone wants it they have to pay the price. He's and old timer, retired and set in his ways. A low mileage LJ and in excelent shape will cost you 20 grand. So what is 2 grand more. If you want be play with the big boys you have bring it. It comes with a 1inch body lift and a 2.5 BDS lift kit on 33's. These are things that I was going to buy anyway. Mopar AEV front, Warn rear bumper and AEV Mopar hitch. Half doors is another item I must have. Plus its rare. I've been test driving LJ's for a while. Either their rust buckets or not well taking cares off or high mileage. You don't get to many chances at exclusivity. Has anyone of you seen one in person?
I own one and yes I always get compliments for it being a rare jeep but the downside other than the going prices on these rare jeeps is that the thieves are also after it. There's only a few factory mods that make it rare other than it being featured on the corny "Sahara" movie 1)They only made the dual Sahara/Rubicon package available on the TJ Unlimited models and not the short wheelbase TJ's. 2)They only made them in 2005 3)Only 1,000 made so it should have a serial number plaque on the lower side of the dash 4)Khaki on Khaki on Khaki color theme 5)Tail light guards 6)1" Wider Rubicon flares in the rare khaki color 7)16" Moab wheels with graphite accents 8 ) Sahara model specific decals on the front fenders. And all the mechanical stuff is basically a carry over from a Rubicon TJ model with a standard non ABS D44 in the rear that features a LSD/ air locker, D30/D44 front diff, Diffs geared to 4.11 & the sought after 241 transfercase with the 4.1 Lo

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She is gorgeous. How long ago did you buy her? How much did you invest? If you had to sell her what would be the selling price?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts