Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just joined the forum and just got a 2007 JK this week. It has been making a rattling noise but it’s only while I am moving. Whether I’m accelerating or coasting it makes the squeaky rattling noise but if I am stopped then it doesn’t. I have already oiled parts of suspension that would make noises like that. Sounds like it’s coming from more of the drivers side. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Retired Moderator
100,754 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
408 Posts
Front, back, left, right, top, bottom... narrow down where it is coming from.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
On a 07 it could be nearly anything. Do you know where it's coming from?

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
408 Posts
I can hear it more on the left side more than I can on the right and it sounds like it is coming from the front of the jeep.
If it's just a 'rattle' look at the lower front air dam to see if you picked up a hitchhiker. Also check to see if the radiator overflow is seated properly. If it's metallic, look everywhere under the vehicle / wheel-well. to see if anything has come lose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's just a 'rattle' look at the lower front air dam to see if you picked up a hitchhiker. Also check to see if the radiator overflow is seated properly. If it's metallic, look everywhere under the vehicle / wheel-well. to see if anything has come lose.
Okay I will try that. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: The noise sounds similar to a chain dragging the ground and I have also noticed that when the jeep is in 4wd, it makes a loud clicking noise that sounds terrible. I was doing some research and read that the loud clicking noise while in 4wd is probably the driveshaft. Does anyone know if this is related to the other noise that has just been happening while driving in 2wd?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts