Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Recently I've been having a bit of a rattle issue with my 2013 Wrangler Unlimited. When I get the car up around 4000 RPM when accelerating I get a nasty rattle that seems to be coming from somewhere around the cup holder area. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, has any advice, or knows what may be causing this. Thanks!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Sounds stupid, but do you have a cup in the cup holder? My coffee mug rattles in the cup holder, and I found the passenger seatbelt (on the left side of the passenger seat where it clips in, no passenger) hits my plastic tall mug! Driving, hitting some bumps, I hear a clicking, drove me nuts, grabbed the mug, and solved the problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I used to have a buzzing noise on my manual shifter knob. Turns out that it was the lower black trim piece on the very bottom of the knob. I had the dealer replace the entire knob under warranty because the top chrome colored piece was also broken, but the noise came from the bottom piece.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Have you been Offroad? If so chief suspect is you clunked and its the exhaust rattling on that thin metal crossbar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts