Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have successfully hunted down and terminated almost a dozen squeaks, rattles, and noises in my 2012 JKU in the last 9 months but this one has me stumped..

When at speeds over 40-50MPH on smooth roads, i am hearing a noise coming from the front windshield area..Seems worse when driving into a strong wind. Could be from the back of the dash (closest to the windshield) or it could be coming from the top rollbar area, or the windshield frame - it's hard to tell. it sounds like something is moving back and forth or up and down and tapping on surrounding metal.

I've re-torqued all of the window-frame and cowling bolts, and removed/adjusted the Freedom Tops. Even replaced the windshield (because it was cracked, not because of this) ...

Anyone else ever have a noise like this or have any ideas of where to look next?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had a noise in that same general location and found that loosening the windshield bracket and cowl screws and moving the two pieces ever so slightly apart before tightening them back down solved it in my case. Was worse she the vehicle flexed over bumps only on one side. Maybe that helps. You mentioned you decorated them but perhaps they are rubbing?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've tried that.. and this sound doesnt happen when i flex.. only when moving along on near-smooth road. sounds more like a moving back and forth/tapping than a flex/rub/squeek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts