Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well---I probably should not complain about a rattle in a jeep---but I will anyway cause it is driving me crazy!

It is an interior rattle on the drivers side---seems to be coming from the middle to lower door area---maybe seat belt area. Not the steering wheel. Rattles over small bumps or unevenness in the road---not large bumps.

I have been looking at everything for the last two months--shaking it, looking under the seat, checking the rear seat, the door, latch, etc. Cannot find it.

I probably will take it in before the warranty is up on it to see if the dealer will find it---but---I am betting they won't really try hard to pinpoint it.

Hopefully someone in here has had the same problem and has a fix or anything I can try. I tried the electric tape in the door latch to no avail.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Could you try having someone else drive, while you sat in the rear seat behind the driver, and attempt to find the rattle "live" going over small bumps or unevenness in the road?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Every day I hear a new rattle/creak/squeak in my interior/dash. Really sad that Jeep doesn't put more quality into the interior.

·
Banned
2,659 Posts
I wish jeep would strip the interiors back to the CJ 5 days. I hate all this ugly plastic, and unwanted electronic crap.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You would be a prime candidate for purchasing an older CJ. I have a CJ8 that I am restoring and I can't honestly say that I would prefer a CJ interior to that of my Hard Rock... But they are about as different as night and day.

I wish jeep would strip the interiors back to the CJ 5 days. I hate all this ugly plastic, and unwanted electronic crap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts