Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my lift and 35's have been installed I'm hearing a loud rattle in the rear when going over bumps. It sounds as if the jack is loose but that's not the case. I might remove the spare to see if that corrects the sound but I don't think that will be it either. Any input would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
The stock tailgate mount has been known to give out with a 35 on it. I'd check that next to make sure nothing is starting to flex.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
What lift kit? When I installed a Teraflex Lift on my old rig, the brake line was actually hitting the shock when going over heavy bumps. I just needed to bend the bracket they send for the brakeline.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Try checking to make sure your back seat is latched completely and tightly. I had the same problem, and come to find out, it was the back seat. Pulled down tightly from the top of the seat and it latched into place. No more rattling since! :thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found that the rattle was coming from the spare tire. When I first checked I only pushed in the top of the tire and not the bottom. Turns out the lug nut came loose. Hard to believe something like that could make it seem as if the Jeep was falling apart. Thanks all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts