Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few threads regarding the issue, most say wrapping tape on the striker fixes the noise.

Tried wrapping a layer on there, nothing, 2 or 3 layers, to the point where 4 layers and the door barely shut, sound didn't decrease at all.

When I slam the door shut, I can hear the rattle coming from where the door handle area is, inside the panel.

Is this something I can fix? Would hate to visit the dealer.
Driving me nuts every bump I hit, it rattles.

·
Registered
660 Posts
check your door gasket.. is falling out from its retainer? Usually at the bottom of door. I can always tell when my does,, the door rattling starts up. I used a little gasket seal to keep it in the retainer.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything looks brand new as it was 2 months ago. Nothing looks off place or worn, nothing juggles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Everything looks brand new as it was 2 months ago. Nothing looks off place or worn, nothing juggles.
I had a similar problem with passenger side door. Sounded like a rattle, but actually was more of a squeak...like metal parts rubbing together under pressure. I put some white lithium grease on the door catch. Noise has been gone since.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The latch mechanism could be loose. If you're under warranty have the dealer take care of it. They can easily remove the panel and inspect it. If you prefer to take care of it yourself use the proper tool to remove the door panel.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I loosened the striker on the door frame and moved it toward the inside of the Jeep bit by bit until the rattle disappeared. You can also tape a piece of small plastic tubing to the outer side of the latch. That's a second option. I've done both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts