Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the hell is rattling on my passenger exhaust header? Everything seems tight bolt wise but something clearly isn't. Took me forever to find what was rattling every time I hit a bump or a rough patch of road. Finally resorted to smacking everything under the jeep with a big rubber mallet till I found it... Seems high up maybe the shield around the cat?

https://youtu.be/Rc1f1OhPlR8

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No suggestions...? :confused: I don't think that's ever happened to me before. Did I say something wrong?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Lol, I put up a very similar thread last week and got zero response as well, so maybe my findings will help you.

I had a buzz/rattle type noise that may be the same that you are referring to. Currently, all I've done is remove the screw from the heat shield in the image below, then pry the heat shield away from the pipe a bit (not much) and leave it unscrewed. I no longer have the buzz/rattle issue.

If you give that a shot and have the same success, maybe you and I can come up with a permanent solution that works well for both of us.

The suggestion I've seen in other threads that may be related is to wrap an adjustable pipe clamp around the whole thing and tighten it down snug. I haven't been to the hardware store lately to grab one, but if I can find a pretty large one that is my next step.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'll see if i can get some time to work on it. It staya hot forever it seems like after i get home from work. I'll have to figure out something can't handle that rattle lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts