Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an annoying problem that seems like it started the last time I took out the Freedom panels and reinstalled them.

On the passenger side, the Freedom panel seems to be rattling when I drive over rough pavement. I can push up on it with the palm of my hand and the sound immediately goes away.

I removed the panels a couple of time and put them back, thinking maybe I didn't get them in just right -- but nope. The rear bolts are screwed down tight. Not sure what's up here?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Try loosening the rear bolts. They just need to be tightened enough to where you feel some resistance. I know some people that don't even use them. Also make sure that the seals are lining up properly and one of them is not getting folded up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Never over tighten the knob bolts. Also, check what I refer to as the L-shaped cam locks and make sure the screw that is in them has not backed out a bit. I doubt they have but you never know and that could be a culprit if the L-cam is slightly loose.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had something similar, my bolts made it rattle even when not super tight. Easy fix it that's the issue

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts