Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all;

I have a weird case of rattling noise in my 2012 Latitude edition Wrangler Unlimited. When I drive through speed bumps with certain speed I can hear very annoying rattle noise from somewhere around B pillar. It’s like some loose plastic piece hits another plastic or metal. The noise stops when I open driver door. However I don’t believe it’s coming from the door. My dealer so far couldn’t fix it. They’ve tried to adjust both door hinges and door latch but the noise is still there. I don’t believe this is plastic casing from B pillar. Anyway I wonder if any of you has experience anything like that.

Cheers….

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine did the same thing a few weeks after buying it but adjusting the door catch fixed it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had the same thing in my 11 JKUR. I could not get the door latch loose, so the next best thing is to put electrical tape around the door latch. This has stopped the rattle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This has been happening since as far back as '07. It's the door latch. They can be adjusted tighter, but they will come out of adjustment after a month or so and rattle again, so the best fix is duct tape around the latch. I've had the same bit of duct tape on mine for 5 years now, and it hasn't rattled since.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Not always the door latch. Have the same issue with mine. Mentioned to dealer tech that it could be door latch. Found the problem to be a defect in the seatbelt where it mount to the B pillar.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed it...

Thanks everyone. Looks like the duct tape did the trick. I may try to play with latch at some point but I need to buy torx t-45 first. Anyway one more time old saying “that you only need two things in life, duct tape and WD40; if something moves but it shouldn’t use duct tape; if something doesn’t move but should use WD40” is very true J

Cheers….

·
Registered
375 Posts
Pics would help please...have same rattle
Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its a jeep... Its supposed to rattle:punk:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Duct tape fix....

Here it is (picture that is). I've cut about 1/2 inch wide and 1.5 inch long piece of duct tape. Then I wrapped around front part of the latch. That’s it. So far so good. Now if I only can fix wind whistling through hard top middle joins I would be very happy. But that’s a separate subject…..

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for pic..saved me from trial and error..although that would have been my first trial..:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts