Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

So I've been looking around for the last few weeks for a good option for not an alarm system because we know they don't mean anything but an actual system to stop somebody in their tracks if they ever try to steal the jeep. I found the ravelco system online and I saw a few other posts about it on here, I was wondering what everybody thought about it. It looks great from what I've read so far. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Don't know much about this system but I am very familiar with the area around Drexel and U-Penn. Something to disable the fuel and ignition systems are the best but then unless you hide it in a garage a tow truck will just pick it up and take it to where they can spend time disabling whatever you install.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
Having had my first TJ stolen, the red one in my avitar, I can confirm they don't need to be able to start your engine to steal your Jeep. They dragged mine out of its parking space at work with a flatbed tow truck and never even tried to start it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Personally I wouldn't worry about it getting towed. If they went through all the trouble of getting a tow truck why would they steal someones jeep over the vette a few parking spots over? In jerrys case I can see it happening because of his location and the mexican drug smugglers hard on for modded jeeps. But anything short of that the ravelco will make it impossible to steal.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
Personally I wouldn't worry about it getting towed. If they went through all the trouble of getting a tow truck why would they steal someones jeep over the vette a few parking spots over? In jerrys case I can see it happening because of his location and the mexican drug smugglers hard on for modded jeeps.
Actually there is a ring based out of Los Angeles that specializes in Jeeps... they cover from LA all the way down to San Diego.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tow truck isnt really what I'm worried about, Since where i'd be parking, there isn't much room for anyone to tow it away. I am a bit worried about someone being able to just start the engine and ride away. The ravelco seems to be able to stop that from happening in all the cases i've read.

·
Registered
496 Posts
You can bet if I had $500 to spend on a anti theft that it would be ravelco. Ravelco does its job well and I will be installing it on my rubi soon. It's expensive but makes it imposable to steal short of a flat bed truck. I'm in the same boat, where I park is way to small to load it in a truck unless maybe they push it out of its spot and into the street then maybe they could get it. I'm thinking about ripping the rubicon stickers off to make it less desirable until ravelco is installed.

·
Registered
768 Posts
You can bet if I had $500 to spend on a anti theft that it would be ravelco. Ravelco does its job well and I will be installing it on my rubi soon. It's expensive but makes it imposable to steal short of a flat bed truck. I'm in the same boat, where I park is way to small to load it in a truck unless maybe they push it out of its spot and into the street then maybe they could get it. I'm thinking about ripping the rubicon stickers off to make it less desirable until ravelco is installed.
You trying to say my sport isn't desirable bish? ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn said:
You trying to say my sport isn't desirable bish? ;)
Lol. Wasn't trying to offend anyone. I just thought it would look like any other LJ out there so less desire to take if its like the others. I could be mistaken though. Totally meant no harm to anyone with my comment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had Ravelco installed in my last jeep and the technician told me when I park it to leave the wheel in a turned position so a flat bed truck can't tow it. He gave me a lot of good advice.
I would get Ravelco in my next jeep along with Tuffy products as well

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
I had Ravelco installed in my last jeep and the technician told me when I park it to leave the wheel in a turned position so a flat bed truck can't tow it. He gave me a lot of good advice.
I would get Ravelco in my next jeep along with Tuffy products as well
I don't believe your technician understands tow trucks very well. The thieves who use a tow truck, don't use a flat bed. They use a tow behind or stealth repossession rig.

This is just an example of how easy they can snatch a rig even when tightly parallel parked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQVuupsHBzw

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't believe your technician understands tow trucks very well. The thieves who use a tow truck, don't use a flat bed. They use a tow behind or stealth repossession rig.

This is just an example of how easy they can snatch a rig even when tightly parallel parked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQVuupsHBzw
Wow that's a good video. Sometimes you wonder if a security alarm is even worth it

·
Registered
620 Posts
My jaw is still dropped. Good thing the company only sells to reputable businesses.

Garage ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts