Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Jeep owner here. I have read countless threads on back up camera systems. I want something like the PAC BCI CH21. Actually, I would buy the NavTool if there wasn't so much clear evidence of their bad customer service. LockPick seems good aside from at least one forum member that has a serious issue with them. They cost more than the PAC and all I really need is front and rear camera and motion navigation control. NavTV just seemed inferior to these other options too. I see that Raxiom has a kit for $399 that uses the PAC BCI CH21. Does anyone know if that kit comes with the additional harness that allows multiple cameras? If so, thats a fair price and may be nice to have the support if needed. I am definitely open to any suggestions and would appreciate it. Don't want to be flamed for not looking at old posts because I have many hours invested in that already. I am not going to get the dealer to flash my current radio. I have a 2015 JKU with the 430N. Specifically asking to see if the Raxiom kit allows multiple cameras, otherwise looking for suggestions. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The Raxiom kit does not allow for multiple cameras. There is a lockipick kit that does, and I have not heard of any issues from those that are using it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I ordered the PAC BCI CH21 harness with adapter to allow multiple cameras. Now I just need a bracket for the rear. Was going to use the Raxiom but it is back ordered. May just make one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks! I ordered the PAC BCI CH21 harness with adapter to allow multiple cameras. Now I just need a bracket for the rear. Was going to use the Raxiom but it is back ordered. May just make one.
My PAC got delivered the other day after my Navtool was DOA. PAC works great so far :] Great to have my stuff actually working again.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I had the Lockpick on my 730. It has four camera inputs, so might be more useful of you want to have rear, plus a couple of rock cameras. The backup camera was just one reason I got it. Unlocking the radio features while driving was the primary.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again. imapseudonym you are the main reason I did not get Navtool. I saw a thread where you decided on the Navtool over the PAC, and then had all the issues. Glad to hear you like the PAC. I bought the adapter to allow for more cameras. Initial install will be with front and rear camera.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My son just installed the Raxiom with navigation and did purchase the backup camera kit for his 2016 Wrangler. All works perfect and all was plug and play. I myself have a 2017 Wrangler on order and I'm thinking of doing the same.

trainman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts