Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally pulled the trigger on the Raxiom Nav unit from ExtremeTerrain.com and I am having major issues.

Install seemed pretty straight forward and this is not my first head unit upgrade. Got everything plugged in and test fitted, unit powered up fine and looked like it was good to go. I unplugged everything, ran the backup camera wires to where they would be hidden, plugged everything back in and put the unit in the dash.

Now the head unit wont turn on. No power at all. I used my test light on the harness and fuse, power is getting to the head unit, it just wont turn on. Also not sure if this is related or not but the digital display on the dash now says VES AUX. Not sure where to go now, I checked every connection to make sure it was tight, even put the stock unit back in to make sure it wasnt something on the vehicle side. The only thing I can think of now is that the head unit is a brick. I am going to hit up Extreme Terrain tomorrow to see if they can help, I hate to think I am up a creek with such an expensive upgrade. Hopefully someone here can hook me up or they can help me tomorrow.

ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
So I finally pulled the trigger on the Raxiom Nav unit from ExtremeTerrain.com and I am having major issues.

Install seemed pretty straight forward and this is not my first head unit upgrade. Got everything plugged in and test fitted, unit powered up fine and looked like it was good to go. I unplugged everything, ran the backup camera wires to where they would be hidden, plugged everything back in and put the unit in the dash.

Now the head unit wont turn on. No power at all. I used my test light on the harness and fuse, power is getting to the head unit, it just wont turn on. Also not sure if this is related or not but the digital display on the dash now says VES AUX. Not sure where to go now, I checked every connection to make sure it was tight, even put the stock unit back in to make sure it wasnt something on the vehicle side. The only thing I can think of now is that the head unit is a brick. I am going to hit up Extreme Terrain tomorrow to see if they can help, I hate to think I am up a creek with such an expensive upgrade. Hopefully someone here can hook me up or they can help me tomorrow.
We'll take care of you. Just PM me your order number and I can get another unit out to you. If it worked when you mocked it up and it worked with your factory unit, it sounds like there is an issue with the Nav. I'll wait for your PM!

-Ryan

Registered
Wow. That's some amazing customer service XTRyan.

Armstrizzle, when you get everything up and running could you please give us a report? I want a unit that can handle on and off road navigation and right now the Raxiom seems like my only option other than building a custom system. (Which I may end up doing anyways.)

Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Roger that will do!

FYI for anyone who is thinking about gettting one of these units or anything from the guys at ExtremeTerrain.com, these guys are awesome. I have never had better customer service from a business in my life. These guys are serious when they say that they stand behind their products. Should have a new navi here in a few days and I will provide a review of it when I get it put in.

Wow. That's some amazing customer service XTRyan.

Armstrizzle, when you get everything up and running could you please give us a report? I want a unit that can handle on and off road navigation and right now the Raxiom seems like my only option other than building a custom system. (Which I may end up doing anyways.)

Thanks.
Roger that will do!

FYI for anyone who is thinking about gettting one of these units or anything from the guys at ExtremeTerrain.com, these guys are awesome. I have never had better customer service from a business in my life. These guys are serious when they say that they stand behind their products. Should have a new navi here in a few days and I will provide a review of it when I get it put in.
Thanks for the support! We strive to give the best customer service out there and we'll bend over backwards for our friends on the forums.

I'm always available to give quotes, answer questions or just talk Jeeps. I hope everyone feels free to shoot me a PM or post in our sub-section at any time!

-Ryan

Has this product been updated yet to work with Alpine systems?
Same question here I have the alpine system
It's taken longer than I had hoped but we are expecting the proper harness for those of you who have the premium sound system. It may take a few days to get the website updated to include them, but if you PM me or call into customer service we can get you everything you need for you premium system install. Let me know if you guys have questions!

-Ryan

Registered
Sk.,Canada
It would cost a little more but I am sure you could have it shipped in the states to a friend or someone on the site you trust that could ship it up to you. I would help you out but you have no clue who i am lol

Registered
I do appreciate your generosity, and there are ways to set up a drop location with businesses in little towns right near the border. It always just bothers me a bit though when a dealer isn't willing to provide an alternative solution when offering to sell a product. It would be a nightmare trying to get a resolution if something were to go wrong with the product. It just shows to me that companies are a bit naive to leave an untapped resource,(like an entire country!) for the sake of a few extra miles of shipping. Do they not do any research and understand that a lot of US companies are making a great deal of money peddling they're products this side of the border. Ultimately it is their loss, as I no doubt will be able to find a comparable item for sale by someone that is willing to ship to me.
I think part of the problem lies in the fact that the free trade agreement mainly allows tax exemptions for US made products, and not items made overseas and simply sold in the US.
Oh well. But again thanks for the thought.

I do appreciate your generosity, and there are ways to set up a drop location with businesses in little towns right near the border. It always just bothers me a bit though when a dealer isn't willing to provide an alternative solution when offering to sell a product. It would be a nightmare trying to get a resolution if something were to go wrong with the product. It just shows to me that companies are a bit naive to leave an untapped resource,(like an entire country!) for the sake of a few extra miles of shipping. Do they not do any research and understand that a lot of US companies are making a great deal of money peddling they're products this side of the border. Ultimately it is their loss, as I no doubt will be able to find a comparable item for sale by someone that is willing to ship to me.
I think part of the problem lies in the fact that the free trade agreement mainly allows tax exemptions for US made products, and not items made overseas and simply sold in the US.
Oh well. But again thanks for the thought.
I am sorry for the inconvenience. We are working to get international shipping set up. It's on our radar and we understand the importance of it.

In the mean time, we would be more than happy to help you set up a transaction with a freight forwarder to get the parts to you. I'll get you the best price possible on the parts your purchasing to help offset any additional costs.

From a service perspective it doesn't matter to us where you're located. If you purchased a part from us we stand behind it 100%. Period.

Please let me know if you'd like to make a purchase and I'll do what I can to help!

-Ryan

Registered
I have to say a big Thank You to Ryan. I appreciate your efforts in getting me a good price and making my cross border shopping experience quite uncomplicated.
My new Raxiom is on it's way and I'm excited to have it.
I have one question though. I can't seem to find any information as to which maps come pre-loaded on the system. I was able to go in and find where to download updates, but am not certain which model number to select. Any info you can provide would be helpful.
Thanks again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
where are you going to get the updates? my replacement unit is supposed to be in today hopefully I get it put in the Jeep tonight.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts