Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 130S and hate long speech given when receiving hands-free call (I'm aware there are prior posts where folks hate this). However, for those who have RBZ 430, does that unit have that same long speech?

Along this line, a few 430 questions -
1. Is it really worth going aftermarket ($500+) v. 430 unit for about $250? Loaded question, but I really just want touch screen, hard drive, and possibly get rid of long speech when receiving hands-free calls.
2. Do all aftermarket units with touchscreen require some modifications to dash (i.e. cutting crossbar above 130S)? Is there good aftermarket unit that is plug and play?

Thanks for input on any of these questions!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just switched my head unit over to a Pioneer 4200NEX from a 430. Originally I got the 430 to replace a 130 so that I could have a backup camera. After awhile though I got sick of the Uconnect prompts so I decided to move to an aftermarket option. Ultimately the Uconnect system sucks.

If you want to stick with the 430 you could always get a cheap bluetooth dongle from Amazon and plug it into the radio. This would allow you to bypass the Uconnect system without getting a new radio.

As for cutting, with the 4200NEX I did have to cut into the sub dash, but the cut is hidden under the dash and took 5 minutes to do with a dremel. On the outside it looks better than the outdated OEM 430.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts