Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will someone please tell me detailed info on how to update my rbz radio through usb. I downloaded the software through sox transfer it to a memory stick but the radio can't pick it up. I have software 20. So it's a newer radio.

And if any one could burn the software on a disk and mail it to me. I'd pay you for it. I need software 30.0 40 50

·
Registered
565 Posts
Go to MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher and use these username and password:
username: [email protected]
Password: gasolio

Go to the folder named: MyGIG 2008-2013 Software - Gracenotes update and click on it
Go to the folder named: MyGIG 430N - RHB Garmin (same update for the RBZ)
Download both the 33 and 50 updates. These are image files (iso) which are basically a copy(image) of the originals. You'll burn these to a cd disc using an image burner program. I used a free one called Image Burn. The Official ImgBurn Website

After burning to disc, load the 33 update and run that one and follow the directions on the screen, then do the 50 update. DO NOT run the 50 first and make sure you don't mix the discs up.

Each update takes 15-20 minutes to run. It fixes a couple of gliches it has, but the best thing it gets rid of the ugly blue/ white screens and changes them to black and gold, much better. If you have Sirius, it adds the station logos too.

Oh crap I just realized you need directions for a flash drive. I have the updates on my computer I can mail it to ya. PM me

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't want to use a cd. I want to use a memory stick. I sent the files to the usb and even put the stick in the arm rest usb. Held in the connect phone button but it says please insert software with memory stick I don't get it

·
Registered
565 Posts
The USB in the console is used to update the uconnect handsfree bluetooth module. I only update the rbz with cds.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have the updates, PM me on where to mail them to.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You all can't be serious..

Did anyone download the PDF I posted, & read the TSB? It covers the OP's issue directly (upgrades software to 50.00.07).

Why would anyone waste time downloading probably corrupt software (a couple glitches?) from some wannabe hacker site using a fraud user name/password, & then look to sideload it??

Then again, why did I just waste my time providing the FREE correct dealer installed solution..

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
This won't work for this application, the vehicle I will assume is older than 2012 which is the supported vehicle year. They wouldn't be able to just apply this TSB to his / her vehicle, seeing how the radio currently has the 20.xx SW version the update would need to be done in steps or the radio would be damaged. In this particular case the 33.xx update would need to be applied first and then the 50.xx update would be applied. Also the updates need to be done while either the eng is running or the key is in the "on" position. The preferred method would be with the eng running, the reason for this is because you don't want to have a voltage drop during the update. Also if the update is performed with the key in the acc position, then the PCM & cluster are not powered up. This is needed in order for the (2) to send the vehicle VIN# to the radio once the update is completed, when they do that then the radio will verify that the sent VIN matches what is stored in the radio memory. If the update is done with the key in the ACC position, then once it's done the radio will now ask for the security code which most customers don't know and would have to make a trip to the dealer in order to get it. However when this happens, many times I have found that 0000 will work, problem with that is now the radio doesn't have the new security code feature which is applied in the 33.xx and newer SW versions.

Take it back to the dealer, it's covered under warranty by a TSB.

Show them this; View attachment 1986417

Hope this helps you out..

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
There is a problem here, you CAN NOT go directly from the 20.xx SW version to the 50.xx version without damaging the radio.
If you don't believe me, then please do a search, there are several threads about people who didn't listen and now have either had to buy new radios or go aftermarket.

You all can't be serious..

Did anyone download the PDF I posted, & read the TSB? It covers the OP's issue directly (upgrades software to 50.00.07).

Why would anyone waste time downloading probably corrupt software (a couple glitches?) from some wannabe hacker site using a fraud user name/password, & then look to sideload it??

Then again, why did I just waste my time providing the FREE correct dealer installed solution..

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
This is correct, your vehicle (the OP) has the externally mounted Uconnect module and the radio. Both are separate from each other and have separate SW updates. The "USB" loaded SW is only for the Uconnect module. The radio has to be updated using a disc with the file loaded onto it.
Below are a few different links on this subject:

New (Aug 9, 2013) Software Update MyGIG RBZ-RHB 50.00.07 - Page 5 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

New (Aug 9, 2013) Software Update MyGIG RBZ-RHB 50.00.07 - Page 8 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Holy Cow! who's updated to the 50.00.07 firmware? - DodgeForum.com

The USB in the console is used to update the uconnect handsfree bluetooth module. I only update the rbz with cds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Problem solved rammer just burned me the factory software CDs. Very nice person to do that thank you very much!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts