Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running 33" Mickey Thompsons on my 97 wrangler.. Never re geared it before. I found some 37" Mickey Thompsons that will fit my current rims. I'm guessing I should re gear it, what do you guys think?? I need help

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
You will need bigger axles, brakes, better steering, more lift, cut fenders, or different ones

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm currently running 33" Mickey Thompsons on my 97 wrangler.. Never re geared it before. I found some 37" Mickey Thompsons that will fit my current rims. I'm guessing I should re gear it, what do you guys think?? I need help
Your problems will be more than a simple regear. A 37" tire takes a WHOLE LOT more than simply slapping it on a wheel and running it. You need to consider the strength of your axles, you will need upgraded brakes, steering, and the list goes on.

My sincere suggestion is to research what it takes to run 35's (let alone 37's) and you'll get a far better understanding! It is NOT one size fits all.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Your axles are not even close to being strong enough for 37" tires and they cannot be geared low enough to run that big of a tire. Bad idea.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Since it's not even set up for the 33" tires you have I'd suggest figuring out the tire size you are going to run, then researching how to prepare your vehicle for that size. Radical concept I know, but it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts