Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I love my 37's with 5.13s. Method beadlocks with 3 .5 backspace 3" Mopar lift. Mopar High-Top flairs
Looks perfect to me Brian. The high top flares help too. Weird that they are no longer available. One of the things I like about the JLs is how the flares are set up higher stock. Thanks.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just went through similar gear decision process. Have 2017 Hard Rock Rubicon unlimited with 35's. May go to 37's when current tires wear out, but who knows for sure. I was considering 4.56 to 5.13. Went with 4.88. If I knew I was staying 35's, would have gone with 4.56. If I was putting on 37's now, would have gone with 5.13. Since I am in the middle....and have heard a lot of input from WF plus Northridge 4x4 and Motive technical sales....went with Motive 4.88's. They are ordered and scheduled to be installed on June 1.

If you have not done so, I recommend that you talk with the gear mfg technical sales folks. Helped me a lot. Also good to talk with a distributor that carries different gear brands and ask for their thoughts on the +'/-'s of the different brands. Played a role in what brand and ratio gear I chose. There are big differences, are built to different standards and different countries.

The shop I am working with will not do anything made in China. Surprising how many brands are eliminated by this....
Thanks for the notes and yeah I plan to discuss at length with the shop that did my work so far and 2 more locally that wheel quite hard around Colorado and Utah. I do drive on road a lot although not long distance except a few times a year to get where we are wheeling. That is why the 4.88 appeal but ultimately it may end up being 5.13 - no doubt many are moving away from Chinese parts especially with what is occurring now. By all means I would prefer to go made in the USA particularly with parts that really matter like gears :) Thanks man.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I love my 37's with 5.13s. Method beadlocks with 3 .5 backspace 3" Mopar lift. Mopar High-Top flairs

View attachment 4433474 View attachment 4433475
Yours look great. Do you have any issues with hitting fenders when flexed?

I'm at 3.5 with 35s (34.25) mud terrains 4.56 gears (with plenty of power) I want to get a set of 36/37 tires for snow riding (all terrain). But i don't want to hit fenders and i have not wanted to shell out money for new fenders.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts