Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone be kind and make me a parts list to change out my stock 3.21 gears on my 2012 jku sport. I would like to go to 4.56 and lockers front and rear. Would like cable lockers but air would be fine.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The list maker will need to your current gear ratio.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Would someone be kind and make me a parts list to change out my stock 3.21 gears on my 2012 jku sport. I would like to go to 4.56 and lockers front and rear. Would like cable lockers but air would be fine.
1. Gear set front and rear ( G2-Yukon what ever brand you want. )
2. Master install kit , one for each axle
3. Lockers , cable type OX Lockers
4. Chromolly axle shafts, My's well get those done to.

·
Registered
284 Posts
1. Gear set front and rear ( G2-Yukon what ever brand you want. ) 2. Master install kit , one for each axle 3. Lockers , cable type OX Lockers 4. Chromolly axle shafts, My's well get those done to.
You'll need a new carrier up front as well I believe.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok not going with lockers they are crazy high. Now what about this carrier

·
Registered
907 Posts
Ok not going with lockers they are crazy high. Now what about this carrier
Ok well as jwink41 said than you will need new carrier for the front axle. There not spendy.but when it's apart you might look into eaton trutracs good up grade if your going to leave diff's open . There around 500.00 give or take a few dollars.

·
Registered
907 Posts
without the locker, you'll need a new carrier because your currently running 3.21 gears. Need 3.73 or greater carrier. They're about $100.
x 2 ^^^^^^^^^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts