Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a shop or a good mechanic that can re-gear in the new orleans area? I have 3:21 gears.. im looking to go to 4:56. I added a 3.5" lift with 35's and jeep is really bogging down on the hwy now. I called the mudhole and they cant do it. Im thinking of calling the dealership to see if they can take on the task or can recommend any shop in the area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Birdman504... How much did steve quote you on the regear? i have a set of 5.13s i need installed..Steve has done some work on my JK. Lift, front and rear bumper install. They did a great job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad it worked out for you! I'd be curious as well as to what the quote was.
Steve's quote was $1000 for labor... he can get the parts for 4.56 gears for $600.. I did some research on amazon and ebay.. i could have gotten the parts off the net for a little over $550. So i just decided to go ahead and let Steve order the parts just to be on the safe side. I dropped it off yesterday. he said it will take about a day.. day and a half to be complete.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a good friend of mine that is a master technician at a local dealer in new orleans and does side work doing re gears. He is a perfectionist and is cheaper than anyone around. He just re geared my(new to me) LJ last week along with installing an ARB locker. He's also a huge jeep enthusiast. If anyone wants contact info send me a PM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my jeep back from the re-gearing to 4.56 from Steve's 4WD over the weekend. Although im going through the break-in period right now.. im loving the difference im seeing from 3.21 to 4.56. Faster excerlation... doesnt bog down when you get on the gas on the interstate. Also seeing a difference in gas mileage. I was just under 13 mpg and now im at 15.5 mpg. Steve's a good dude.. . will def recommend him. I will keep your buddy in mind Jcole. Thanks for the info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts