Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,
On another jeep forum a guy said that I should split my stretch (WB) into front and rear. I think it was something about pinion angles or approach angle being bad. So the re 3.5 with 2 inch front and three inch rear seemed good. But how could I cram 37's under that? The river raider snorkel is on my list so hyline fenders will not work. Body lift is not something I would like but if I have to I'll get it. Also gc (ground clearence). What do you have under yours? I think mine will be 16 inches of the ground at the lowest. Is that good ground clearence? If anybody who goes to rausch creek reads this; could I do a black with a setup like this?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
stretching front and rear is a huge task, 3.5 and 37s wont fit withought a highline kit. do you have the axles and steering to run 37s??? save yourself the trouble and just stretch the rear and either go bigger on the lift or smaller on the tires.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If your talking about Rausch creek and River Raider you must be from PA :)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It's going to take alot of fab work for some of that your asking.
I swear we've been done this road a few times already about how you can fit 37s with low COG and the fenders. I'm not sure why your hung up on the snorkel thing and if it's cause Lake Christy there, then sounds like you need more of a beater or already built rig then. Your gonna have to make sure your engine, trany & t-case are sealed up real good, otherwise you'll end up with a big arse headache and costing some coin $$$$

Hmmm... by the time you pay for all the shop labor on getting everything done and buying all the parts needed, you might be better off looking for something already built or even a beater rig that's already built.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's going to take alot of fab work for some of that your asking.
I swear we've been done this road a few times already about how you can fit 37s with low COG and the fenders. I'm not sure why your hung up on the snorkel thing and if it's cause Lake Christy there, then sounds like you need more of a beater or already built rig then. Your gonna have to make sure your engine, trany & t-case are sealed up real good, otherwise you'll end up with a big arse headache and costing some coin $$$$

Hmmm... by the time you pay for all the shop labor on getting everything done and buying all the parts needed, you might be better off looking for something already built or even a beater rig that's already built.

Just so you know the main questions isn't fitting its should i do this and is it a good kit? If i build my rig right I'm pretty sure that i can go through lake christy and still be able to drive it.

stretching front and rear is a huge task, 3.5 and 37s wont fit withought a highline kit. do you have the axles and steering to run 37s??? save yourself the trouble and just stretch the rear and either go bigger on the lift or smaller on the tires.
so just rear stretch would be ok? No problems?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts